You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

But as fans, we can't exactly get everything we would like. We've sat back and bitched and bitched until we were blue in the face about how Axl hasn't done any interviews, and then when he does, he just gets shit all over by his own fan base.  He did an interview, I think that's a step in the right direction.  People have been so anxious to hear Axl's side of the story.  Well, here's a good portion of it- but people still bitch? It wasn't what a lot of people wanted to hear.  It wasn't what people wanted him to say.  Too bad.  It's nice to see him do an interview.

It's good that he finally speaks about the past, although it's a little too late and as it seems, he's obsessed with Slash. He surely thinks that Slash is doing anti-Axl voodoo every night. On the other hand while he speaks, he doesn't really say anything. Slash's stories were more concrete than Axl's about the break-up, and as it seems the truth in Axl Rose's world is always so difficult that cannot be explained. No need to remind anyone, but Axl still haven't explained the Philly fiasco, either.

The most ridiculous thing in the new interview that he doesn't talk about the new album. He got some question to use for it. He didn't. He's more interested in blaming the rest of the world than talking about his first album in 17 years. Pathetic.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
Olorin wrote:

People label Slash a media whore because certain malicious characters in the GN'R community planted those seeds of resentment, same goes for all the Slash is liar nonsence. Its a pathetic attempt to tear down the biggest percieved  threat to the success of this version of GN'R. The sad thing is if the inflated egos at the root of it all took a good hard look at themselves, things might be a little brighter.

Having another look at this interview it doesnt seem like Axl is focused at all on the music and moving forward. Any question about music was answered in basically one or two sentances, the bulk of the interview was him ranting again about how everyone is out to get him.
These are difficult and worrying times for many people. Noone is going to want to hear from a spoiled millionaire rockstar complaining about being giving millions in advance to fund his vanity project at his leisure over the course of 15 years, then showing how far out of touch he is from reality, by claiming to be at the mercy of cut throat loan sharks, those evil doers who gave him those millions and leisure time to make a record.

Go down to a local blue collar bar Axl, tell your tale of woe to some of the guys in there who are are facing the prospect of losing their jobs and their homes, tell it to the people who are already sleeping in their cars or under the stars. Tell it to the people who, in a last desperate act,  have actually put themselves at the mercy of cut throat loan sharks just to pay the rent and put food on the table.
Gimmie a fuckin break roll

Nice Post.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this site is dedicated to everythign gnr...not just the current incarnation, always has been, always will be. Its no secret that I like Axl and Slash both equally as musicians and i, like many others are sick of the "feud"

its funny that for years that even the most pro axl boards have been trying to get people to get over slash and stop mentioning or thinking about him...and axl comes back and alot of what he talks about is the ultimate deadhorse topic 16

anyway i've been saying for a couple few years now that there wouldnt be a reunion any time soon....just confirmation in my eyes...still in a couple months the reunion rumors will start again. they always do. Slash, like axl are both synonomis with the GnR brand name. my very first post on a gnr forum was that Axl should have gone solo, ala Ozzy...and i got blasted for starting a dead horse topic....guess what that topic still remains relevant, as does the Slash discussions cuz obviously both topics are central to the success of Axl's personal and professional life

I'd love for Axl to concentrate on "Chinese" maybe one of these days we'll actually see some real promo for the album

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I for one have been taking tons of hits over at HTGTH but I don't give a shit anymore.Its gotten to the point where the only thing they can come back at me with is taking shots at "MY MUSIC"

has it gotten so pathetic, that the only way to argue with a poster is to take personal low blow shots at an Indy Musician on a forum?

I find it all pretty damn hysterical and just pathetic to be honest.

Listening to "Sorry" I have to laugh. Its like when one of those diva chicks sings a break up song and tries to claim they don't think about or care anymore while pouring their broken hearts out.

I can't help but snicker and laugh at the line in Sorry where he says "No body cares about you" or I'll kick your ass blah blah

Yeah he'll kick Slash's ass right after he beats up Vince Neil right?

anyhow, I don't care what anyone Says, right now Slash is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ahead on the scorecards. Velvet Revolver, a band with NO brand name, started from scratch and has torched the New GNR sales wise. I can hear a million excuses but I don't give a shit cause the numbers don't lie.

I believe Axl had this huge illusion that HE was Guns N Roses, and HE was the reason the band was awesome and Slash and CO were lucky to be in his presence.

He probably figured Slash would leave, no longer be a star or loved and would come crawling, begging back.

what happened was, Slash went on to become even a BIGGER star and Axl has now made GNR a fucking joke.

it just pisses me off everytime I hear him make some lame bullshit excuse and take zero culpability.

I am tempted to go have my Axl tattoo I have covered up.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm amazed so many of you know so much about Axl Rose.  You know what he was thiinking in the past, what he's thinking now, what his plans were, how they didn't come to fruition.  Where'd you guys learn all this stuff?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Ha! Duffs face says it all 14

Another note about the interview:

"That said, you have those who become emotionally attached to how the leaks sound, which, for better or worse, usually isn't so great to contend with. And it seems that those who often do so and complain publicly, oddly and coincidentally, have a history of basically being detractors as well even if they're somehow considered part of a "fan" base."

Legendary Guns N'Roses frontman Axl Rose uses his first media interview in 9 years to take pot shots at a few geeks who post on unofficial GNR internet forums. lol I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

"There aren't too many issues of the hundreds [we ran into] that happened as quickly as anyone would have preferred, from building my studio; finding the right players; never did find a producer; still don't have real record company involvement or support; to getting it out and mixed and mastered."

Is this not a little strange? Throughout the years how many producers, studios, band members did he go through?

I can believe record company support started waning after a decade or so, I really dont blame them. But the interviews and articles throughout the years seem to suggest plenty of support was offered but that meant cooperation, and Mr "I wont bend my will" Rose rejected most of it.

He says the focus is on this record, but I it will take a miracle to salvage its reputation.

I would drop another album later in the year and go out and work to create some positive fucking vibes. Releasing a good album with no stigma and promoting the band and the music might spark more interest and get more people to reconsider their preconcieved ideas about CD.

faldor

faldor wrote:

As for the leaks, I thought his response was pretty good there.  I mean he actually said he can't honestly say if they were good or bad for the album.  But what's wrong with saying some people get attached to the leaks?  Is that not what happens?  I thought it was admirable that Axl came to the forums and spoke to the "fans".  I thought everyone agreed on that?  Now it's not okay to talk about fans?  Shame on Axl for paying attention.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Question for D:

HTGTH has a core elemant of vile little bullying bigots, why even bother trying to reason with such ugly people and their wannabe cohorts?

faldor

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Question for D:

HTGTH has a core elemant of vile little bullying bigots, why even bother trying to reason with such ugly people and their wannabe cohorts?

It's certainly not my place, as I'm not an admin OR D, but I don't think we're supposed to speak ill of other GNR forums here.  They all serve their own purpose.  Sorry if I'm out of line.

Board footer