You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Duff says statement aout VR coming within days!!!!

Von wrote:

It didn't know a Scott Lite was possible.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think if they haven't found the right guy they should announce a long-break, start new bands with other musicians and then if they'll feel a strong need to come together and do something together, then find someone. Today people who can sing are often labeled as 'hair band has-beens', others look and sound the same, and as they could have realized, talented singers are mostly assholes. It's really not easy.

I do hope that they'll take their time, there's no need to rush a thing like this.

I've always liked Velvet Revolver and I wish them luck.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Just a hunch, but I'm going to guess Kid Rock on this one. It struck me as odd when Duff asked "When is this being released?"  as if he had to wait until a certain date. My thinking is Kid Rock may have been obligated to not join a side group by his label until after the Grammy's, to get one last boost in album sales. So they may need to wait another week or two.

Just a guess.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That would certainly attract interest.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Kid Rock for VR... wow. That's a very interesting concept. KR's also cool with Axl, like Baz, so that might create an interesting dynamic.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting theory. I'm not too familiar with his work other than that song that manages to rip off Sweet Home Alabma and Wearwolves of London in the one track. Anyone know any rocky numbers he does that I could hunt down and listen to?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I stopped following Rock years ago, but I remember thinking American Bad Ass was the best song ever made, lol. 3

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Kid Rock is working on a new album and an album with Rev Run. I doubt he would join VR. Although it would be really interesting. He hasn't "ripped off" those songs he sampled them which is very common in hip hop where he got his start. Monkey I would download his self titled album "Kid Rock" Maybe start with "Jackson Mississippi".

There was an interview with Matt who said they still don't have a guy set in stone. And they want to be out on tour by the summer so it is anyone's guess.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who saw kid rock at the grammy's?  he kicked ass.  Would love him in VR.  He is a rock star without the ego or drug problem... Bring him on.

Board footer