You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chris Brown and Rihanna: The Whole Story

Neemo wrote:

ladies and Gentlement the next Whitney Houston & Bobbie Brown

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You also don't know what her history is. If she watched an abusive father, and has had abusive boyfriends in the past, she might've developed a complex that ALL men are like this, and this just comes with the territory.

This always perplexes me. I agree with you on it, but it's one of those things no matter how much I read it, or see it happen like this, just won't ever understand it. Never had a sister, so I'm not good with how chicks operate.

As for Chris Brown, he's an example of a guy placed on a pedestal, who doesn't deserve all the fame or money he had.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You also don't know what her history is. If she watched an abusive father, and has had abusive boyfriends in the past, she might've developed a complex that ALL men are like this, and this just comes with the territory.

This always perplexes me. I agree with you on it, but it's one of those things no matter how much I read it, or see it happen like this, just won't ever understand it. Never had a sister, so I'm not good with how chicks operate.

Heck I am a chick and I always don't get it myself. It's really hard to imagine it, but you have to remember these women usually have mental issues that lead them to make decisions a logical person wouldn't make.

I read a lot about domestic violence and it these women all seem to lack self-esteem and self-respect. Often these women feel like they are nothing without a man. They feel like they wouldn't be able to do any better. Some women have such low self-esteem that they feel that they deserve the abuse.  The men are usually systematic in their abuse. They usually start out by being extremely controlling and even begin to isolate these women from their friends and family so that these women depend completely on them. They are verbally abusive to destroy the women's self-esteem and confidence and to make them feel like they would be nothing without the abusers. The abusive men are usually have Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personalities. When everything is going good they are prince charming, but they also have this monstrous side to them. I think these women hold out hope that they can change and become prince charming full time. As Axlin08 pointed out some of these women also grow up in violent households so they grow up believing that abusive relationships are normal.

I actually have a friend that was in an abusive relationship. In fact she is almost 30 and has never been in a relationship with a good guy.  She is an attractive women and a real sweet person, but she feels like she is worthless without a man. She just can't stay single. She looks in all the wrong places for men so she always end up with some sort of jerk/loser. She falls in love really fast and hard before she even gets to really know a man. She will hang onto a relationship as long as she can.  It doesn't  matter how big of a jerk or loser her man is because to her being with a man even if he is a jerk is better than being without a man. She refuses to listen to any advice and often makes up excuses for their jerky behavior. When her bad relationship finally ends (usally the guy breaks up with her) she just starts the cycle all over again. It boggles my mind.

As for Rihanna, I really didn't need any news article to tell me that this wasn't the first time she's been abused. The violence usually starts out smaller and then escalates. No way he would beat her that bad unless it was something he felt comfortable with. He has probably been abusive in previous relationships as well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
supaplex wrote:

ok, since everybody agrees he's an idiot and beating your girlfriend is bad, i have a question: if this is not the first time she's been abused by him, what the hell are you doing with him in the same car, house, etc.? why didn't she put an end to the relationship?

Some women have been abused so much in life they feel they deserve it.

EDIT: opps just saw everyone above me said it better! I should read the whole thread first wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Heck I am a chick and I always don't get it myself. It's really hard to imagine it, but you have to remember these women usually have mental issues that lead them to make decisions a logical person wouldn't make.

I read a lot about domestic violence and it these women all seem to lack self-esteem and self-respect. Often these women feel like they are nothing without a man. They feel like they wouldn't be able to do any better. Some women have such low self-esteem that they feel that they deserve the abuse.  The men are usually systematic in their abuse. They usually start out by being extremely controlling and even begin to isolate these women from their friends and family so that these women depend completely on them. They are verbally abusive to destroy the women's self-esteem and confidence and to make them feel like they would be nothing without the abusers. The abusive men are usually have Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personalities. When everything is going good they are prince charming, but they also have this monstrous side to them. I think these women hold out hope that they can change and become prince charming full time. As Axlin08 pointed out some of these women also grow up in violent households so they grow up believing that abusive relationships are normal.

I actually have a friend that was in an abusive relationship. In fact she is almost 30 and has never been in a relationship with a good guy.  She is an attractive women and a real sweet person, but she feels like she is worthless without a man. She just can't stay single. She looks in all the wrong places for men so she always end up with some sort of jerk/loser. She falls in love really fast and hard before she even gets to really know a man. She will hang onto a relationship as long as she can.  It doesn't  matter how big of a jerk or loser her man is because to her being with a man even if he is a jerk is better than being without a man. She refuses to listen to any advice and often makes up excuses for their jerky behavior. When her bad relationship finally ends (usally the guy breaks up with her) she just starts the cycle all over again. It boggles my mind.

As for Rihanna, I really didn't need any news article to tell me that this wasn't the first time she's been abused. The violence usually starts out smaller and then escalates. No way he would beat her that bad unless it was something he felt comfortable with. He has probably been abusive in previous relationships as well.

Another great post. It certaintly boggles the mind for this man. I certaintly don't want to generalize all women, but quite a few, if not the 'majority' dare I say, seem to be addicted to men that are a giant hassle to deal with and to MAKE them 'commit' or 'settle down'. Maybe some people just don't have the strength or are just scared to be lonely, but i've always been one of those people that just look at it as, if something is not working, you can try and make it work, but if it's obviously a dead end, you simply move on, and there's nothing wrong with that. Others seem to continue to abuse themselves and subject themselves to continually, and constantly wind up disappointed.

At one time I found myself angry and with no sympathy for these people. Kind of like the dumb, nubile teenager on a Friday The 13th that walks right into the woods of Jason, in a sense.

But over time, i've found my sympathy to grow for these people. They simply are scared to be alone. They just don't want to be lonely, and I can totally understand that. It's one of the toughest things one can suffer in this world, true loneliness. But what these people don't understand is being with someone, does not guarantee companionship or love. There's TONS of people in relationships, long ones too, that are totally depressed, alone and lonely. Because the other one simply is not there for them emotionally or mentally. Time and time again these people make these mistakes, and I don't know if it's the scared to be alone part, or they really are that stupid and without self-confidence.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

AtariLegend wrote:

Brown sorry over assault arrest

Chris Brown is "sorry and saddened" by his arrest on suspicion of attacking a woman and is seeking counselling, he has said in a statement.

The 19-year-old R&B star said he was being counselled by his pastor and his family and was "committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person".

He was released on bail in Los Angeles last weekend and, along with girlfriend Rihanna, withdrew from the Grammys.

Brown said internet posts since, supposedly from him, were "frauds".

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," he said in the statement.

'Unfortunate stumble'

Brown emerged from questioning an hour after the Grammy's ceremony, on Sunday 8 February, had finished.

Police say the singer and an unidentified woman got into an argument in a parked car in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles, which escalated as the pair got out of the car.

Brown and Rihanna, both nominated and due to perform at the ceremony, had been at a party together the night before the Grammys.

In his statement, Brown also responded to allegations that he had changed his relationship status on social networking website Facebook to single and had posted the comment: "You'll begin to see her true colours - believe it."

The statement said: "Until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else.

"Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

Brown's father, Clinton Brown, said in an interview published on People magazine's website on Friday that his son was "remorseful".

"This is unfortunate, this stumble, this situation," he said. "Hopefully, he will get past it. We all have our shortcomings. We all trip."

Last week, Rihanna's publicist refused to confirm or deny reports that the singer was involved in the incident, but released a statement that said: "Rihanna is well. Thank you for concern and support."

Board footer