You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Zakk Wylde On Axl Rose

AtariLegend wrote:

What you see is what you get with Axl. The guy is a legend and a Black Label brother. He's the shit. I played with Guns N' Roses [in the mid-90s]. I was in Studio B and they were in Studio A. So I played Axl some of my shit, like 13 Years Of Grief. And he was like "Zakk, what fuckin' market are you trying to reach with that?" I told him "I dunno, the fuckin' farmer's market?"
So we ended up hanging and jamming together - me, Axl, Slash, Duff [McKagan], Matt [Sorum] and Dizzy [Reed]. And I was like 2Axl, when are you gonna start singing on this shit? Let's quit fuckin' around here!" And that's when Black Label Society was born because I had all these riffs hanging around, and I thought, "Fuck it, I'll do it myself." But it's not because Axl is hard to work for. It's because he cares. He had so much passion. And I'd rather have that than some douchebag who doesn't give a fuck.
What do I think of Chinese Democracy? The wife bought me a copy and it got smashed in my luggage, so I had to fuckin' buy another one. No, Axl didn't send me a copy. But he's a beautiful guy.

Source: Classic Rock (March 2009, Issue 129)

This is from the same issue as the Niven interview, and since I'm guessing I'm the only one who actually bought it... I typed this out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I bought it but couldnt be bothered typing it out, there are a few GN'R mentions in that edition.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Does he answer the question then.......

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

zakk wylde is a gorgeous man.:love:

AtariLegend wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Does he answer the question then.......

The question was Axl Rose, they just mentioned a series of famous musicians and then Zakk said what he thought.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

"What do I think of Chinese Democracy? "

and I like how he used the term "hard to work FOR"

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

"What do I think of Chinese Democracy? "

and I like how he used the term "hard to work FOR"

Yeah, I'd like to hear the answer to that question too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

"So I played Axl some of my shit, like 13 Years Of Grief. And he was like "Zakk, what fuckin' market are you trying to reach with that?" I told him "I dunno, the fuckin' farmer's market?"

Classic shit.

I'd like to know what he thought about the album too. But Zakk is a straight shooter and tells it how he sees it. Usually in a very amusing way.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Actually a few years ago Zakk told Axl to fuck off and then said Axl should get Slash back in the band.

Board footer