You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Re: Does anyone else care if Axl just stays in his mansion indefinitely?

Otis Western wrote:

Over the last several months I've found my interest in Axl, or any further material of his, at an all time low. I think 'Chinese D' was a major disappointment. His recent interviews dissing the original lineup were pathetic, and his "expect more of the same, but darker", comments have made me realize that the I will never again be adding a new GNR album to my collection.

I can't help but to laugh every time I read one of these "stadium tour" rumors online. If I was Axl, I'd consider myself lucky to sell out a large club. Believe me, it pains me to feel this way considering GNR were once my favorite band. In all honesty, I think Axl could quite possibly be rock n roll's biggest disappointment.

Does anyone else feel this way?

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

I wouldn't consider him the biggest disappointment, only because most bands don't put out 4 albums of quality material + influence the genre the way he did. Bands like Metallica and Aerosmith have their "throw away" albums, but GNR has no "throw away" records (pre-cd), unless you count their cover album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd care. Not to sound like a nutswinger...but as a songwriter I think he is one of the most gifted of our generation. Listening to the new album is a different experience to the old band, but it still shows me that Axl has an incrediable amount of tallent.

this might sound crazy, but I'd almost like to see him spread his wings a little more, GNR is almost like a prison he's made for himself - fans expect songs to compare to previous works - band members to play like Slash or Bucket did - looking in from the outside it all seems very confined. Imagine if he started working with other musicians without the pre-defined concepts of GNR and expectations - like an occasional song with Trent Reznor or John 5 or random colaborations without them having to be in GNR full time and be on the next GNR album.

Don't get me wrong I love GNR too. But I feel the important thing is hearing the music axl can make...and that's starting to get lost in all the rest.

AtariLegend wrote:

Yes.

....And I think this topic is pretty fucking weak.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Wow, you found a new, more boring way to say the same thing you say in all your posts. Bravo.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think Axl is the biggest waste of talent in the history of music. To lock himself away for 15 years or so and do nothing in the prime of his career is SO DISSAPOINTING. I think Axl should  ditch the Gn'R name. It's over. It's time to move on. He's tarnished the legacy and like GNRBABY I'd  consider supporting an Axl solo project as long as it were music for the sake of music. Not for carying the Gn'R torch which he obviously can't do. I have no interest in anything he has to say anymore. His interviews are weak and pathetic. having said all this I am interested in Axl Rose music.  I think he's talented and has the ability to create great things. I just wish he'd do it. Stop with the contempt for the old bandmembers, stop with the contempt for the fans, stop with the excuses and stop with the "poor me" attitude.  Just shut the fuck up write songs and sing. That or retire and spare us.

Atari I think this is a great topic cause I think it's the way alot of us feel to an extent.

And Bigbri I don't recall reading many of Otis Wstern's posts. 14 I guess I don't pay much attention anymore.

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

Atari I think this is a great topic cause I think it's the way alot of us feel to an extent.

I think the question posed in the title is a rubbish question, because this is a Guns N' Roses forum.

If people feel passionately enough to type out hundred of posts on Axl being an ass, then they obviously care about what he does.

If people want to criticize the guy, go ahead, but to suggest they couldn't care less is pretty stupid. It's an un-winnable argument.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

that's sad you feel that way, otis. too bad for you.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

I think the question posed in the title is a rubbish question, because this is a Guns N' Roses forum.

If people feel passionately enough to type out hundred of posts on Axl being an ass, then they obviously care about what he does.

If people want to criticize the guy, go ahead, but to suggest they couldn't care less is pretty stupid. It's an un-winnable argument.

I don't know. If Axl does something I'll check it out. If he never shows his face again I couldn't care less. I guess I'm indifferent to the whole thing now.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

I wouldn't consider him the biggest disappointment, only because most bands don't put out 4 albums of quality material + influence the genre the way he did. Bands like Metallica and Aerosmith have their "throw away" albums, but GNR has no "throw away" records (pre-cd), unless you count their cover album.

I agree with most of what you said. GN'R did put out 4 quality albums. In fact, they're all probably in my top 10 of all time. I'm just disappointed that Axl chose to release this latest piece of shit under the guns banner. It couldn't be further from being a guns album.

AtariLegend wrote:

Yes.

....And I think this topic is pretty fucking weak.

Well, excuse me. I'm sorry to have disappointed you. Now, on the topic of "fucking weak", let's get back to talking 'Chinese D' ....

bigbri wrote:

Wow, you found a new, more boring way to say the same thing you say in all your posts. Bravo.

In all my what, 5 posts? Geez. Tough crowd here.

Bono wrote:

I think Axl is the biggest waste of talent in the history of music. To lock himself away for 15 years or so and do nothing in the prime of his career is SO DISSAPOINTING. I think Axl should  ditch the Gn'R name. It's over. It's time to move on. He's tarnished the legacy and like GNRBABY I'd  consider supporting an Axl solo project as long as it were music for the sake of music. Not for carying the Gn'R torch which he obviously can't do. I have no interest in anything he has to say anymore. His interviews are weak and pathetic. having said all this I am interested in Axl Rose music.  I think he's talented and has the ability to create great things. I just wish he'd do it. Stop with the contempt for the old bandmembers, stop with the contempt for the fans, stop with the excuses and stop with the "poor me" attitude.  Just shut the fuck up write songs and sing. That or retire and spare us.

And Bigbri I don't recall reading many of Otis Wstern's posts. 14 I guess I don't pay much attention anymore.

+1. My sentiments exactly. I knew I couldn't be the only GN'R fan who felt this way.

Board footer