You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Dissecting Chinese Democracy: Track 2 - Shackler's Revenge

monkeychow wrote:
Coma wrote:

they say that 1:12 to 1:14 you can hear a heart biting but i cant hear it can someone help big_smile

IMO it's not on the track in that location at least, for this song  there are  minimal instruments running at that time code, and I just can't hear anything even similar - and I have decent speakers etc.

Then again...maybe i've blown my ears out with my guitar long ago.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Shackler's might be the one song that's grown on me the most.I really dig it now.

The only one I really don't like is This I Love. I dig the orchestrations and Robin's solo but that's about it.

I personally found this song to be God awful atrocious from the start. I'm still floored that they used this song in RB. Actually, no I'm not. Everything else they do seems to be a clusterfuck mess. Why break the trend?

Putting a song on RB really gave them an opportunity to be heard by the masses by diverse groups and various age ranges. Maybe in 1999 this song would have worked. Back when that type of music was actually relevant. In 2008, it was nothing more than a swing and a miss. 1 star from me, AND that's me being generous.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

That intro is ghastly but the song itself is not bad, its hardly revolutionary but I dont think it tries to be. I think the "appetite on steroids" remark fits this more than any other, it has always reminded me of Think About You. I just think the structure and simple but effective melodies are very similar to TAY, while they are not the most complex songs on either album both are catchy and short n sweet.
I dont like it being song 2 on the album at all, I think it would be much more effective later on in the album.

Rons solo does nothing for me, it sounds like the ZX Spectrum I had as a child loading up Dizzy or something, thankfully the solo is shorter than the 45 minutes or so that the old games took to load up.

It's the best song on Chinese Democracy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was just listening to this track today.

Amazing rock song. Really just a great aggressive rocker. Just makes you get that "fuck yeah" mindset.

Thanks for the smite for my above comment, Otis.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Thanks for the smite for my above comment, Otis.

I think that stupid smite just certified that he actually is BBA.

CrashDiet wrote:

I think that stupid smite just certified that he actually is BBA.

I usually don't care but this time around it's just annoying.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I was just listening to this track today.

Amazing rock song. Really just a great aggressive rocker. Just makes you get that "fuck yeah" mindset.

Agreed. If I were going to kill someone, this is the song I would listen to on the way there.:laugh:

Board footer