You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Shooter Jennings Offered Velvet Revolver Job Twice!

BLS-Pride wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

eh, no big loss for me. Don't know anything about him but watching youtube clips he's about as "Country" or soul as Kid Rock singing 'Amen'. Pretty generic better off served with studio musicians backing him up. VR should do much better with a solid choice.

Actually he couldn't be more different. His country isn't the country Nashville wants on radio or popular. His albums are a more true to the bone of country than whats on Country charts. And they aren't studio musicians they are his band the 357s.

"Busted in Baylor County" comes complete with a Sabbath reference and riff.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i have absolutely no clue who shooter jennings is, but he seems like a cool guy.:cool:

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

If anybody wants to check him out, his 1st album "Put The O Back In Country" is next to flawless in my opinion.

Given, I dig outlaw country, so that helps.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

If anybody wants to check him out, his 1st album "Put The O Back In Country" is next to flawless in my opinion.

His second album is great too. The third is alright. "Solid Country Gold" is a nice fuck you to mainstream Nashville.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

His second album is great too. The third is alright. "Solid Country Gold" is a nice fuck you to mainstream Nashville.

Yeah, it's all good, but I think the three studio albums have gotten progressively not as good.  I still think "The Wolf" is better than most music that I've heard in the last few years, country or otherwise, but like I said, I find "Put The O Back In Country" pretty much flawless.

I still don't understand why they chose the Walk Of Life cover for the lead single for The Wolf.  It's an uninspired cover of a not very good song.

I'm a fan of Shooter Jennings and it would be interesting to hear what he could do with VR,it would be cool.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

http://twitter.com/SlashHudson

in here he says that they never asked Shooter, also Josh Freese is playing drums on his record.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

is that really Slash posting that stuff?
Some of what is written doesn't sound like stuff he'd write...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That sounds more like how Sorum talks vs. Slash.   I am really excited about the album though!!

Board footer