You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: DJ Ashba First Impressions

harmon420 wrote:

Pretty good. Why announce your new guitar player if you weren't planning at least a tour? I know, with this band it's very wishful thinking to think of new material but anything is possible.

Unfortunately, I couldn't vote since I didnt see a 'pathetic' option. The guy looks like a fucking loon, and from what I've seen of his playing, I'm not the least bit impressed. Way to keep pissing all over the legacy, Ax.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i love dj.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Indifferent. Just because I haven't heard him with the band. I have an open mind, though.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:

Unfortunately, I couldn't vote since I didnt see a 'pathetic' option. The guy looks like a fucking loon, and from what I've seen of his playing, I'm not the least bit impressed. Way to keep pissing all over the legacy, Ax.

if you judge a guy by his look you're at the wrong place. *hint* bucket

i went for good. he's not a really known player, looks like he can play his guitar. so, it's ok.

people dreamed about bucket returning (me included), or some icon filling the empty slot. that wouldn't have happened anyway. so, on with the show

I voted good just for the sake of it.

The show must go on.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Indifferent, but I wish him well. He might after all turn out to a be a good luck charm and GNR start moving forward positively and creatively.

I say indifferent not as a slur on this guy, I'm indifferent purely on account of the last umpteen years of bullshit.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Indifferent, I haven't heard of the guy before and I know some posters have been kind enough to post youtube vids of some of his work, but to be completely honest I can't even be fucked watching em.

Nothing at all against the guy I just don't really care.  Another guitarist - same shit different day.  I'm sure he will be completely serviceable as a live guitarist and be technically very proficient.  I wish him the best of luck!

If he is still around when some new music is written with the intention of being released in a timely manner then I might get excited and do some more research on him.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I've watched the videos and whilst he is very good technically I'm still not digging him for some reason. Although that said I'm not really familiar with his work and I don't know what he's like with the band. Put that together with the last 14 years and I'm gonna say I'm indifferent.

Sky Dog wrote:

I voted bad.....

Board footer