You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Axlin16 wrote:
Mike wrote:

^Uncle Seymour Coffins, a character that will be in this movie.

What do you all think of the new young Myers kid? I think he looks more scarier and the type of kid to be a serial killer when he grows up.

I knew that. 16

I want to know who's behind the makeup now, being Bill Moseley is no longer in it.

I don't think it's Bruce Campbell liked rumored.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

It still hasn't been announced yet who's the new Uncle Seymour Coffins. I was lurking on the message board for halloweenmovies.com, some believe it's Jeff Daniel Phillips who's already playing the character Howard Boggs.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Potential Theatrical Poster For Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN 2?!

The poster image below popped up on the IMDB message boards earlier today credited to a graphic design company called The Refinery. Ryan Rotten over at Shock Till You Drop shed a little light on the exact origin and intent of this particular poster image.

Shock reports, "When a studio preps their poster campaign, they commission a design company to come up with a number of one-sheets. That's why, when you watch a DVD's special features sometimes, you'll see a poster art gallery featuring, more or less, dozens of designs. What you see below is a "potential poster" for Rob Zombie's H2; a contender, but certainly not an official selection."

Regardless, the image is pretty freakin' cool which is why we're running it!
h2-potential.jpg

Source: icons of fright

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Looks fan made. Not bad considering. It could do without the out-of-place, wandering Michael Myers. Just a pumpkin patch would be totally badass.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Fan made, imo. Studios have gotten way away from 'art' for posters for a long time.

I think a better option would be to remove Myers, have the pumpkin patch, and in the stormy clouds make a faint version of Michael's mask.

THAT would be badass!

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Agreed. Then add a better, less generic tagline (like the '80s style ones on the new posters for "Drag Me to Hell" and "The Stepfather"). Also, I much prefer the title "Rob Zombie's Halloween: The Devil Walks Among Us" to this "H2: Judgment Day" crap. Zombie's name needs to maintain above title placement in order to differentiate this series from the last. There're the makings of a great poster hidden somewhere in there. I was incredibly disappointed in the one they ultimately chose for the remake.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

All they need is this Von, and you know it...

Tagline: "MORE of the Night He Came Home!"

BAM Classic! 22

Mike

Mike wrote:

According to Bloody-Disgusting, they got in touch with Dimension and it's actually not fan-made but it's only one of the many options being decided by the studio and it won't be used. My opinion, it looks too cartoony but I like the Halloween-vibe which I hope this movie will have.

Here's a video by Tyler Mane on the set, don't be fooled by the title though...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=55103361

Mike

Mike wrote:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15818

There's a new behind-the-scenes video (along with pictures), it's pretty cool.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Update: How Much of the Mask Will We See in Zombie's H2?

Source:Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor
April 7, 2009

Updated with quotes from Toth.

Some news fresh from tonight's set visit to Rob Zombie's H2...

Wayne Toth, speaking from his make-up FX trailer, tells me we will see Michael Myers spend at least seventy-percent of the sequel without the mask. Myers, as played by Tyler Mane, will appear as the disheveled, bearded hulk we've seen in leaked set photos. "That's Michael's new look for a lot of the film. Fans will be shocked. They seem pretty responsive to it. But it's like anything else, as long as you're doing something cool, people get it."

The film is set roughly two years after Zombie's remake. Between films I'm told Myers has been living in the wild, exposed to the elements. A pic of Myers that was shown to me found him beneath a ragged hoodie, hair covering his dirtied face. He actually sorta resembles Zombie during his Hellbilly Deluxe days.

Toth assures us fans will see new interpretations of the Myers mask. "There are a couple different versions of the mask, but none of them are the same mask from the first film. He wanted to take them a step further, even though one of them is basically supposed to be the last mask. We've changed it anyway. Then towards the end of the film is the current version of the mask which is a lot different from any of them we've seen. People are going to be surprised when they see it. It's going to thrown the Myers fans for a loop."

Also, keep your eyes peeled to Crank: High Voltage. Dimension is efforting to get the H2 teaser attached to prints of that film. I'm supposed to see it tonight, keep your eyes peeled for a description soon.

- shocktillyoudrop.com

Board footer