You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

WARose wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't see any demo remixes happening with the RB2 stuff Doc.

I think what some want to do is use the isolated tracks, to simply turn up the mix on guitars or bass in places, and turn down the rest of the mix.

Maybe also get some just straight instrumentals without vocals.

I don't think anybody is thinking they're going to isolate every single bit of audio from CD. If CD is anything, it's rich. I also think the isolated vocals will feature all of the synth too.

do you have the shakler`s mogg file?

the isolated vocals are just that, the vocal track. there are like 10 different tracks. two of them being the main vocal track and one being the "background vocals + everything else background" track.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The Shackler's mogg file is split up perfectly.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

yeah the shacklers mogg is amazing, but on other ones like afterlife by avenged sevenfold for example, its impossible to isolate everything cos theres parts where there is rhythm guitar and backing vocals on one track so you cant full isolate the instrumental.

oh and also another problem, isnt the brain may citr slightly differently structured to the album one?

having said all that, i would love to give it a go now lol

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
WARose wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think what some want to do is use the isolated tracks, to simply turn up the mix on guitars or bass in places, and turn down the rest of the mix.

I don't think anybody is thinking they're going to isolate every single bit of audio from CD. If CD is anything, it's rich. I also think the isolated vocals will feature all of the synth too.

the isolated vocals are just that, the vocal track. there are like 10 different tracks. two of them being the main vocal track and one being the "background vocals + everything else background" track.

I unfortunately do not. I was exposed to it on YouTube, before it was taken down.

drborken

drborken wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
WARose wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I unfortunately do not. I was exposed to it on YouTube, before it was taken down.

check your pm

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Ok whats this Shacklers Mogg thing and can I have it too?

drborken

drborken wrote:

its an audio file which has each part on a separate track, so you can listen to just the guitar, just the bass, just the vocals, just the drums, or just the backing track, or any combination of the above. check your pm smile

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Can someone please PM me? Thanks!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

drborken wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

If/when the tracks eventually leak, I'm looking forward to assembling a cut of Catcher in the Rye - overlay the clear vocal/drum/bass tracks over the Brian May demo version. Reckon it'll be doable?

That could be easily done and made to sound good I bet.

im new here (been reading for a while though) but ill give my opinion on this.

it depends what exactly is in the mogg files. if they are split and all the guitars have different tracks it might be doable, but i have a feeling that at least 2 of the guitars are gonna be on the same track, which could complicate things. all the rock band moggs ive seen have:

1. bass/snares
2. cymbols
3. lead guitar
4. bass
5. vocals
6. backing track/stuff that doesnt fit on any of the other tracks

also, if you want to overlay stuff from another track, you might need a source file for that too. as far as im aware, the only version of CITR with Brain May on it isnt amazing quality? isnt it the one with the skips and stuff from years back? it would be majorly difficult, if not impossible, isolating stuff from that.

The plan isn't to isolate material from the Brian May version, though - it's to overlay the studio-quality material over the top of it. Axl's vocals are exactly the same on both versions, so (my guess) if you plonk the Axl vocal track from the album version over the (cleaned-up) Brian May version, you get album-quality vocals on the track. Do the same for bass, drums etc (but not guitars) and you effectively end up with the album version, with Brian's material in place. The only place where it gets tricky is during the skips at the end and the fast fade-out...

drborken

drborken wrote:

fast fade out isnt a problem cos you can always edit the ending if you have access to clean masters for the album version, so its just the skips

Board footer