You are not logged in. Please register or login.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Re: American Communism - 22 remixed-remastered tracks

without the guitar solos, in many songs you hear things which were buried under that.

you dont hear it?

its just a different view of the tracks, to hear the other parts better. this isnt meant to replace the original CD, its meant to shed some light on the less hearable parts.

this is not for casual listeners, you have your retail CD where you cant hear tommy or the intricate backing ;p

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

usual buckethead solos have more class than my copy paste version obviously ;p

but thats all i could do with the buckethead live material i could find.

pees

It was well done, the bit I found strange about it though was that you hate Bumble yet basicly found bucket stuff that's pretty similar to what  bumble did with the track... smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

without the guitar solos, in many songs you hear things which were buried under that.

you dont hear it?

its just a different view of the tracks, to hear the other parts better. this isnt meant to replace the original CD, its meant to shed some light on the less hearable parts.

this is not for casual listeners, you have your retail CD where you cant hear tommy or the intricate backing ;p

I can hear it just fine.  Like I said, it's an interesting listen, but I prefer the album versions.  I know others may feel differently and would rather some parts be louder than others.  That's fine, to each his own.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WHOA STOP THE FUCKIN' PRESSES...

This deserves it's own post.

chickendinner, bro seriously, you are a fuckin' God, and here's why.

THIS I MOTHER FUCKING LOVE. I'm not a massive Robin solo fan, and you made me love the damn thing. Turning that thing down in the mix, and then turning the orchestra way up, blends that solo perfectly. It's absolutely stunning. I guess I didn't hate the solo afterall, I just needed the orchestra to shine, and Robin to just sweeten it the backing. Absolutely great. BETTER than the album version, totally. Amazing job!!!

You're gettin' double karma for this. Fuck yeah! 9:mosh::mosh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

you dont hear it?

You're correct, but I think what they were getting at was you hyped it up, and it really just a package of what was already out there, with little retooling. Nothing major that most hadn't already heard from various internet sources.

Still a good package, and kudos to you!

I will say this in general though, the Riad remix with Bucket's original guitar improves the song (even tho i'm not a massive fan of it, at least vocally), and more and more i'm liking that Rock Band version of Madagascar, highlighting Bucket's solo, over the samples. I think I like it more than the album version with that guitar solo.

chicken_dinner

monkeychow wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

usual buckethead solos have more class than my copy paste version obviously ;p

but thats all i could do with the buckethead live material i could find.

pees

It was well done, the bit I found strange about it though was that you hate Bumble yet basicly found bucket stuff that's pretty similar to what  bumble did with the track... smile

i needed atonal stuff to make it blend...the key and timing wouldnt match and all that jazz. nothing to do with trying to sound like bumble, heavens forbid, lulz.

doesnt sound similar btw...bumbles solo is fairly tame and bland compared to that very average and ludicrous bucket copy paste of mine. hence the title Overkill FTW 19

chicken_dinner

Axlin08 wrote:

WHOA STOP THE FUCKIN' PRESSES...

This deserves it's own post.

chickendinner, bro seriously, you are a fuckin' God, and here's why.

THIS I MOTHER FUCKING LOVE. I'm not a massive Robin solo fan, and you made me love the damn thing. Turning that thing down in the mix, and then turning the orchestra way up, blends that solo perfectly. It's absolutely stunning. I guess I didn't hate the solo afterall, I just needed the orchestra to shine, and Robin to just sweeten it the backing. Absolutely great. BETTER than the album version, totally. Amazing job!!!

You're gettin' double karma for this. Fuck yeah! 9:mosh::mosh:

cheers, ya TIL turned out very well.

sounds cocky but if i had access to all the tracks of CD the album would sound better, more balanced and i wouldnt need more than 2 weeks mixing and mastering. fuk me, im arrogant lately haha 9

ok, back into my cave. see you all again when there is something interesting to push and pull.

pees.

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

the grand hour is upon us ..

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Riad with Bucket parts is awesome, i like it a lot

Whazup
 Rep: 6