You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TOTAL LOSS
 Rep: 5 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

TOTAL LOSS wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just wonder IF this is real, this band can't seem to do anything without the information getting out.  Everything seems to leak from songs, artwork, booklets, guys vying for Robin's spot in the band.  Nothing is sacred.

Information is like water; no matter how many barriers you put up it will always find a way around.

Indeed, Axls tightly controlled way of doing things limits him.

You cannot dictate, only negotiate. That is, they should focus their efforts on open dialog and building relationships that better fit the digital age instead of focusing attention on activities they can't control.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
TOTAL LOSS wrote:

Fake, I say.

Those images are a cobbled together mess with type carelessly throw over them. The lyrics are readily available online; it's not hard to copy and paste over artwork.
Also, they feel strangely outdated...using techniques common to the 80's or early 90's.

In contrast, the official paintings have all been very contemporary – by contemporary artists – with a common theme.

The alternate covers are a rifle and grenade, so I'm guessing someone made this
based on what Axl said in the interview, using the already available hand artwork to auction them for a few $$$. It's no more elaborate than any other bootleg.

Of course, everything about the band is so amateur, I shouldn't be surprised if it's legit.

Some people have pointed out a couple errors in the scans.  So if it is real, they appear to still contain errors.  You'd think they would've cleared that up this time around, wouldn't they?

Sky Dog wrote:

I would buy it with that artwork in the booklet.....just give one of my buddies  the best buy version.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

There really should be an additional track or two with these to justify a re-purchase.

Will fans buy these 2 discs just for different artwork?

Will the booklets for 'The Hand' and 'Grenade' cover be differerent, or is it just the cover that differs?

Who knows

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I really dig the Sorry artwork and the cover artwork but as others have mentioned:  it is not enough for me to plop down cash to purchase it.  They have to provide an incentive for people to buy this album.  Provide a couple of demo tracks/ live tracks, or bonus tracks, then people will be interested and might buy it otherwise it will go the way of the original--unsold and collecting dust.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
TOTAL LOSS wrote:

Fake, I say.

Those images are a cobbled together mess with type carelessly throw over them. The lyrics are readily available online; it's not hard to copy and paste over artwork.
Also, they feel strangely outdated...using techniques common to the 80's or early 90's.

In contrast, the official paintings have all been very contemporary – by contemporary artists – with a common theme.

The alternate covers are a rifle and grenade, so I'm guessing someone made this
based on what Axl said in the interview, using the already available hand artwork to auction them for a few $$$. It's no more elaborate than any other bootleg.

Of course, everything about the band is so amateur, I shouldn't be surprised if it's legit.

They do look kinda dated actually, I think I've seen that skull somewhere before over the years. I thought it odd that it has the credits along side the lyrics, it  it seems like a lot of text to be crammed into one page - the kind of thing you get with bootlegs.
I dont see a theme either, I think the skull looks cool but I cant figure out what it means or how it relates to Sorry and I dont see any relation between those 3 images, they just seem randomly chosen.

I'll be quite happy if these are fan made, I'll cross my fingers and hope the official new artwork contains more of Shi Lifeng's work, that stuff is geunially unique and powerful.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't know whether it's fake or legit, but looks much better than the original, for sure.

Anyway, as far as I remember Prostitute wasn't only credited to Axl in the old booklet. Not that it'd mean anything.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yeah it was Rose/Tobias.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i have a feeling that jarmo truly doesn't know anything about this...but it is strange that he's deleting all the scans and then following it up with this comment:

If you want to get all their surprises ruined in advance, don't expect me to help.

either way, these are scans from a printed item, which you can clearly see in the way the paper has been folded...

my guess is that this was one of the versions axl spoke about, hence similar copy errors as to the actual piece...

i don't think this is a new thing, someone just had this as a proof, and decided to share...

like James, i have no intention of getting this unless it contains some additional material...what's the point...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not buying it. Fake.

And jarmo would know.

I am wondering what he's alluding to with "surprise."

Board footer