You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Marc Canter Talks on MyGnR

FlashFlood wrote:

people sit on the big boards and shit on slash with the hopes and dreams that they'll get a pm from Dexter saying they are the bestest fan in the whole wide world.

i love axl. i love cd. i would go as far to say that i favor axl. but objectively viewing some of axl's moves as foolish does not make anybody pro-slash. awful logic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I hope thats a joke. You know as well as I do that this solo record is likely to be a chart topper.

Nope, i'm taking a risky move. I know it seems far fetched.

I think this album will tank, regardless of Fergie, Cornell, Ozzy, among others.

FlashFlood wrote:

people sit on the big boards and shit on slash with the hopes and dreams that they'll get a pm from Dexter saying they are the bestest fan in the whole wide world.

i love axl. i love cd. i would go as far to say that i favor axl. but objectively viewing some of axl's moves as foolish does not make anybody pro-slash. awful logic.

Absolute TRUTH. Short, simple, sweet, and 100% honest. Karma.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think the point was, Marc was a childhood friend of Slash and became friends with Axl, and is still "friends" with both of them.  And as has been pointed out, he seems to be pro-Axl in a lot of his comments.  Yet still people aren't believing that Slash could've possibly done anything wrong and Axl is still the villain. And I'm not really speaking exclusively of people on THIS board, more on some of the comments from mygnr. It's a fact that Axl cannot do right in some peoples minds.  That's clearly being illustrated in this case.  If people can't bring themselves to believe a neutral party who was friends with both guys, there's no hope in ever convincing those people otherwise.

Sky Dog wrote:

thank you Faldor.....Karma to you.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
sandman wrote:

Slash is a great #2 man. nothing more.

this board is anti-Axl on average. but all opinions are welcome which is nice.

Holy shit!  How can anyone believe that?  And this is coming from a guy that is not that high on Slash here.  Slash a #2??!! Gimme a fucking break!  Ask Joe Public who was in GNR.  They'll say Slash and Axl.  VR was largely popular because Slash was in this obviously he wasn't the sole reason but it didn't hurt.  When Joe Public asks for a GNR reunion they couldn't care less about who else will play in GNR as long as Slash is there.  And even amongst fans.  As long as Slash comes back it'll be GNR again (even though Izzy would be the one to make it GNR again).  Slash I would say is known has much as Axl.  And I'm willing to bet his solo record will be more successful than CD.  Not bad for a #2 man.  As for this board being anti Axl.  I can't believe this.  You have just as much Axl-ite here.  But it's mostly realistic people not worshipping the shit Axl craps in the toilet.

you think slash could get a bunch of no names in his band and sell out MSG? not a chance.

i'm a die hard slash fan, but i'm not blind either. i hope his album is great. i hope it sells well. but i'll also realize that having some mega-stars appear on it will certainly help sales.

and on top of all this, he is constantly TRYING to be as famous as possible. yet he's not even in Axl's league.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
sandman wrote:

and on top of all this, he is constantly TRYING to be as famous as possible. yet he's not even in Axl's league.

He's more famous than Axl. Axl isn't in Slash's league

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

i'd say slash is easily more recognizable, but i think the name "axl rose" is more famous. make any sense?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

i'd say slash is easily more recognizable, but i think the name "axl rose" is more famous. make any sense?

They are both as famous as each other.. and for different reasons too.
I cant see there is anyone in the world that knows Slash that does not know Axl Rose, and vice versa.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

ya its really just semantics i suppose. kind of a fickle thing really.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sandman wrote:

He's more famous than Axl. Axl isn't in Slash's league

Isn't there something on IMDB or something that rates how famous people are?  I know I've heard about them go over it on Stern.  Of course it's completely arbitrary, I think it said that Artie Lange was more famous than Howard Stern, which obviously isn't the case.  I could be wrong though.

Board footer