You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: i'm back

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Baggio
 Rep: 1 

Baggio wrote:

I am the exact same mate. I am going through one of those phases where I just wana hear some new shit, play it loud and kick back. Checkmate would be sweet as right now! haha. As long as the track continues throughout like the clip we heard.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

*tumbleweed*

If you think about it, the only thing that has been a positive with GNR the last 10 years have been the leaks. The tours and album release have all ended badly. The leaks are the only thing that worked! 16

It's about time for some more...

Baggio
 Rep: 1 

Baggio wrote:

I concur...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

*tumbleweed*

If you think about it, the only thing that has been a positive with GNR the last 10 years have been the leaks.

Not sure i agree with that. I enjoyed the tour, both watching bootlegs and going to a couple pf shows, and we now have the physical CD to own....both very good developments to me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

True, but you can argue the only reason you have the physical CD, is because the leaks forced their hand. I'm firmly convinced, that had leaks never occurred, that the fanbase would be dead, and the album STILL wouldn't be out.

As for the tours, double-edged sword. They were great... while they lasted. 2001 was supposed to be a big year, but Axl chickened out, and blamed Doug Goldstein. 2002 started out promising, until riots and Axl's lateness imploded the whole thing before the end of the year (it was supposed to last into 2003). 2006 was an amazing year imo, probably their best, if only, "on track" year of the new era with a very successful jaunt through Europe. But a luke warm reaction in the states, as well as failure to deliver the album, again, had the tour cancelling dates in 2007, and ending before Christmas, still with no album to back it. 2007 was just another cash grab at that point, no different than 2002.

People being out there, and seeing Axl live is a great thing, I agree, but for every positive, there was a negative stigma attached to it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hey! now I'm back 22

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hey! now I'm back 22

And what worldly goods accompany you good sir?  9