You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Classic Rock talks to Slash about Weiland, VR and Solo Disk

monkeychow wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

I think that these "Rock Stars" like Slash,Axl,Scott and any other are just whiny little bitches,sure they are talented,but all they do is whine about everything to the press

To be fair though, it's all we ask for. Everyone wanted to know what Axl thought about the beakup and his side of things, and it seems the same with VR now. It makes great press for them all to start slagging each other off...sells more papers.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Slash seems to cast the first stone for the most part.  I could be wrong, but Axl only spoke bad of Slash after he bad mouthed him for years.  And the same with Izzy, I believe. 

Slash doesn't hold back when it comes to ripping into someone.

Not to say one way is more right than the other, just making an observation.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Slash seems to cast the first stone for the most part.  I could be wrong, but Axl only spoke bad of Slash after he bad mouthed him for years.  And the same with Izzy, I believe. 

Just because Axl isn't interviewing every day doesn't mean he doesn't have plenty of bad things to say about Slash.  They have plenty of people in the same friend circle.  Slash knows what Axl says about him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And Axl knows what Slash says about him.

I'm sure Slash is much more nasty about the whole thing, outside of a public forum such as a book and interviews.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Just because Axl isn't interviewing every day doesn't mean he doesn't have plenty of bad things to say about Slash.  They have plenty of people in the same friend circle.  Slash knows what Axl says about him.

Until very recently Axl has been very held back when talking about Slash. What he says to people in private is none of our business. Your essentially condeming the man for stuff you don't know if he has ever said.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

If you listen to the 06 Eddie trunk interview, Bach tells lots of old stories about being on tour and the things him and Slash used to get up to. Axl tells plenty of stories from the old days too and talks about Slash. He just tells his stories about Slash Izzy and Duff which were all quite funny , but he never bashes any of them or says a bad word about them once. In fact when it comes down to the hard questions where he is coaxed into talking about them he glosses over the subject and simply gives the facts without ever laying any blame on them.

I personally do not think Axl and Slash hate each other. I think (like Aerosmith between 79 and about 84) that Slash and Axl play up the "Old long standing War" thing when one or the other needs press for a project. Because like it or not in fighting in Bands is very rock and roll. Its good for the bad ass image AND it helps to Galvanise a fan base. Slashs fan base are die hard Slash anti axl (not all but many of them) while a lot of Axls are the same.

Having to choose a side just helps to raise the two characters to a higher profile and gives fans something to support and rally behind. They get behind their boy and hedge their bets on him buying his albums and tirelessly supporting their hero at the behest of the enemy. Its nothing more than a good marketing strategy.

You never once see one or the other say or do anything that would affects the others sales. Axl once said he believed Slash's post gnr work was not on par with his gnr work however stressed that it was not bad by any means ( looks like a contradiction at first but , he is simply promoting GNRs back catalogue using Slash's name. Without diminishing VRs sales as he does not outright say they are shit. Hes saying if you want to see some good Slash guitar work buy my old CDs). Slash and Duff go as far as to make points that are on the same level of impact, for example that new GNR is not the same without them that it is a different band and was true GNR when they were there (again they are saying you want GNR go buy buy my old CDs).

Beta made comments on MYGNR to the effect tat Axl knew he had to get his game up  once he heard contraband. He knew he had to better that. Slash gave Chinese Democracy the thumbs up .

We are dealing with product and revenue when we talk about albums and music catalogues. Every time one of those guys talks about an album it has an impact on the revenue for that music/product. Im not saying that its to the forefront of their minds, but these guys are on major labels for the past 20 years. The are well schooled in how to spin the most revenue for the label and themselves from their press time / interviews / fan interactions. Their main focus may be the Music but the money is in the mix too and money is a harsh mistress that can make a man do anything she asks simply by promising to bring along more of her friends

Id like to Add that although Slash does not make statements that degrade Axl (i.e Axl is a prick) he does paint a picture of Axl as an absolute lunatic when he talks about him. Once again I think this is all part of the marketing thing.

These are my thoughts as of now. I tend to run with my emerging thoughts though so tomorrow I could be spinning a completely different Yarn. But for now my mind is made up for a while.
  Axl <B Slash

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

When Steven Adler was on Stern and Howard asked him questions about Axl he told him that "Slash told me I'd be better off not answering questions about Axl."  Maybe Slash should take his own advice sometimes.  There's not always a need to bash Axl, Scott Weiland, some ex-Snakepit singer who you had a falling out with.  What good does that do?  Unless like Stepvhen says, and he knows all too well what he's doing and just using it as a way to make headlines.

And again, I'm not saying Axl doesn't do the same thing.  Obviously he got some pretty big headlines by calling Slash a cancer.  But that was in retaliation.  And once again, not that that makes it any better or more acceptable.  That's just the way it is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great post Stepvhen. Karma.

Board footer