You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Super-Speculative Reunion Thread.

misterID wrote:

*burp*

*snore*

*regurgitate*

Sky Dog wrote:

nice....I was thinking the same thing...karma. 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not semantics.  When is the last time we saw GnR?  Over 2 years ago?  Since then they lost the only key guy that was there through the whole mess not named Axl?  There is no GnR.

What?  Dizzy's still around. 

As long as Axl is still around and willing to have a go of it, there will always be a GNR.  Will it be the same tour to tour, year to year, day to day?  Probably not.  We've come accustomed to a revolving door of members.  Some leave, some come back, some new guys come in.  But all the while it remains Guns N' Roses.  I know plenty of people get up in arms about the "name" but that's been covered and it ain't going away.  So accept it for what it is.

Since you're counting Dizzy as a key guy, I stopped reading the rest of your post.  When you have something intelligent to say, don't say something idiotic before it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Only internet geeks on these boards "accept it for what it is".

It's only GN'R on a business level, and in name.

Buzz is referring the worldly perception of Guns N' Roses as a band, and a musical artist in the "past tense", and the fact that nothing is on the horizon.

Not to speak for him, but I think it's safe to say, Axl doesn't = GN'R to him. Axl & Dizzy doesn't = GN'R.

He's in what we call 'the VAST majority' spanning the globe.

It's perfectly fine to support new Guns, and whatever future they might have. But at the same time, I don't quite understand why these boards get offended when someone believes that GN'R doesn't exist, and hasn't for a long time.

This is a fairly accurate representation of reality. 

In all honesty, I might have accept the band as GnR had he kept the 2002 lineup together - that's not to say I'd have been happy about it, but at least it would have been a group of people on more or less the same page for a common goal.  It was close to being a band except for Axl being the only actual member of the "band."  Once people just started coming and going, it lost any status as a band and became the Axl Rose solo project. 

If the only thing you can hang your hat on is that you have an album or a ticket that says Guns N' Roses on it, you're basically admitting that the band no longer exists and there is only a brand name.  Convince me that there is a band despite the fact that they are all contract employees, none of them are on any of the recording agreements, people randomly come and go, none of the key writers of the recently released CD are in the band anymore other than Axl, etc.  These are all facts that say there is no band.  Prove me wrong beyond "my CD says" or "my ticket says" this.  That argument is a lot like Miracle on 34th Street.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not semantics.  When is the last time we saw GnR?  Over 2 years ago?  Since then they lost the only key guy that was there through the whole mess not named Axl?  There is no GnR.

As long as Axl is still around and willing to have a go of it, there will always be a GNR.  Will it be the same tour to tour, year to year, day to day?  Probably not.  We've come accustomed to a revolving door of members.  Some leave, some come back, some new guys come in.  But all the while it remains Guns N' Roses.  I know plenty of people get up in arms about the "name" but that's been covered and it ain't going away.  So accept it for what it is.

Since you're counting Dizzy as a key guy, I stopped reading the rest of your post.  When you have something intelligent to say, don't say something idiotic before it.

Seriously Buzz, that Dizzy crack was a joke.  Sorry you missed that.  Maybe I'll throw the smiley face in there next time.  Not sure how you could honestly think I was being serious with that comment though.

I agree with the others, this argument is getting tiresome.  Like many of the other arguments.  I'm done discussing.  You go on believing there is no more GNR.  That's fine, have fun with that.  We'll have to agree to disagree, per usual.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

buzz I think it was a play on the word key. As in keys is short for keyboard and Dizzy is the keyboardist.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:

buzz I think it was a play on the word key. As in keys is short for keyboard and Dizzy is the keyboardist.

Actually it wasn't but that's quite clever.  I was joking though.  He mentioned the key guy leaving the group (which of course he meant Robin) but I threw out Dizzy's name, JOKINGLY.  Again, next time I'll use the smiley face.  Sorry for the confusion.

Very perceptive of you with the "key" connection though.  I like it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Trust me faldor... don't even bother with trying to be funny. People are FAR too anal and sensational here to ever see it.

I'm giving you a karma, just because you're a good damn poster.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Seriously Buzz, that Dizzy crack was a joke.  Sorry you missed that.  Maybe I'll throw the smiley face in there next time.  Not sure how you could honestly think I was being serious with that comment though.

I agree with the others, this argument is getting tiresome.  Like many of the other arguments.  I'm done discussing.  You go on believing there is no more GNR.  That's fine, have fun with that.  We'll have to agree to disagree, per usual.

You're tired of arguing it because quite frankly, you can't.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If the only thing you can hang your hat on is that you have an album or a ticket that says Guns N' Roses on it, you're basically admitting that the band no longer exists and there is only a brand name.  Convince me that there is a band despite the fact that they are all contract employees, none of them are on any of the recording agreements, people randomly come and go, none of the key writers of the recently released CD are in the band anymore other than Axl, etc.  These are all facts that say there is no band.  Prove me wrong beyond "my CD says" or "my ticket says" this.  That argument is a lot like Miracle on 34th Street.

Board footer