You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy II? - The Truth

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not sure if you're joking faldor but "Ongoing Concern" in business speak would mean it's still happening so far.

No I wasn't joking.  Is that what that means?  It sounded like a negative thing to me.  If the shows were still happening, I certainly wouldn't consider that bad.  Of course there have been many plans that have been foiled along the way, so chances are this will just be added to the list.  Though I hope not.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The cover band of the cover band on tour. I'll go if I can.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not sure if you're joking faldor but "Ongoing Concern" in business speak would mean it's still happening so far.

No I wasn't joking.  Is that what that means?  It sounded like a negative thing to me.

yeah it depends how the phrase is used.

Like you might use it negatively like "Child rape is of an ongoing concern to society" - meaning it's something we're concerned about now just like we were previously.

However in business or law, a business is often described as "a going concern" which is basicly a fancy ass way of saying that it's still presently functioning and not in the processes of being liquidated or unable to meet its debts etc.

So if these shows are an "ongoing concern" I would assume that means that while they are far from certain to happen, at the present stage of development, everything is proceeding on track as if they are going to go ahead. That would be my take of it, without reading the full context it was written in however it's hard to know.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Fernando didn't call shit out on Mysteron. He was actually right that Axl was going to communicate with the fans, he just said it would be in a letter or something and fernado went ape shit and called him a liar...... Then Axl showed up on the message boards and communicated with the fans.

And jarmo just sat by and let fernando treat Mysteron like shit... Even after everything Mysteron did for him. Good for Mysteron to move on from that cum bucket, piece of shit of a website.

Also, people (even here) have been saying there is no other album material. Which is a reason he'd confirm it.

And I knew nothing about an Asian Tour. I'm out of the loop. sad

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Also, people (even here) have been saying there is no other album material. Which is a reason he'd confirm it.

It's crazy that people think there's no more material...pretty much everyone assoiciated with the project over the years has confirmed there's more material than we have.....not to mention axl himself.

misterID wrote:

And I knew nothing about an Asian Tour. I'm out of the loop. sad

I'd assume it was this rumour...first brought to my attention in this post:

Axl S wrote:

Axl Rose may bring Guns N' Roses to the seat of Chinese democracy, namely Taipei, Taiwan, to kick off the Asian leg of their Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Guns N' Roses
2009 Asia Tour

Date: Dec. 11, 2009
Time: 8:00 PM
Venue: Taipei County Stadium

www.bbh.com.tw

In March, GN'R manager Irving Azoff told Rolling Stone that "we have some exciting things in the works this year for GN'R, I’m looking forward to it."

More rumored dates as they trickle in ...

Guns N' Roses at "THE CRASH MANSION"
Saturday, Oct 24 @ 10:00 PM

Source(s): ChineseDemocracy Blog, bbh.com.tw, crashmansion.com
thanks to CD.com user maat for the update.

2009 Rumored Tour Dates:

24 October 2009, Crash Mansion, NY, USA
11 December 2009, Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Tawian

Stole from ChineseDemocracy.com

Credit to GNRPersia over there I just lifted his post.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

crashmansion.com was a source? so the venue had it listed? when i checked it wasn't there. I thought about maybe trying to pose as a promoter trying to book a show that day to see if anything was there, but decided against it.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fernando didn't call shit out on Mysteron. He was actually right that Axl was going to communicate with the fans, he just said it would be in a letter or something and fernado went ape shit and called him a liar...... Then Axl showed up on the message boards and communicated with the fans.

And jarmo just sat by and let fernando treat Mysteron like shit... Even after everything Mysteron did for him. Good for Mysteron to move on from that cum bucket, piece of shit of a website.

He still posts there.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … =showPosts

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

He still posts there.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … =showPosts

Yeah he was never really a "regular" poster on HTGTH as far as I knew.  He'd show up every once in awhile and drop some news/hints/ideas/thoughts/what have you. 

Also, that's an interesting way of looking at the Fernando/Mysteron feud misterID.  Never really thought of it that way, and I don't remember the specifics exactly.  But you may have a point, if those Axl forum chats did occur soon after their little spat.  Maybe Mysteron wasn't too far off after all.  He did apologize after that whole incident though, sort of admitting wrongdoing, didn't he?  Again, I didn't engulf myself with the specifics back then.  It wasn't that high on my priority list.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Axl's forum chats were promised by Azoff, you could deduce that much from MSL. Fernando calling bullshit on that was an outright lie.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

If CD is 4 albums, i wonder how the story ends.....

Board footer