You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: The year I learned how to stop caring and love the wait

Scabbie wrote:

My main gripe is with the fact GN'R seem to be doing sweet f a or at least thats how it seems.

Again, just a little clarity from the A - Man would go a mile.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I don't get why for some people its only about the album.   i accepted years ago, that this album will come out eventually but who knows when.. In the meantime, if these guys are doing other things and being active, thats a good thing.   Take it for what it is.

I like listening good music and releasing music is what makes a band a band. I can't be a fan of some guys' look or a brand name. If I wanna hear AFD again, I stick with the guys who wrote it.

Mikkamakka wrote:

If I wanna hear AFD again, I stick with the guys who wrote it.

wasn't Axl heavily involved in writing it?  The rest of the guys either bailed or were too big of junkies, so they were replaced.   nothing we can do about that.   I'll take AFD with Axl and some new guys in GnR over nothing... thats for damn sure.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If I wanna hear AFD again, I stick with the guys who wrote it.

wasn't Axl heavily involved in writing it?  The rest of the guys either bailed or were too big of junkies, so they were replaced.   nothing we can do about that.   I'll take AFD with Axl and some new guys in GnR over nothing... thats for damn sure.

Axl was as heavily involved in writing it as Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. No more, no less.

Read Slash's book, you'll see that it wasn't just about the rest of the guys either bailing or being too big of junkies. It was also about Axl becoming a control freak and killing the band's creativity.

starsko wrote:

Axl was as heavily involved in writing it as Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. No more, no less.

right.. thats why Axl ended up with 42% of the writing credits on AFD (the biggest piece of the pie)

also, that book is full of inaccurate info..   you slash apologists can keep bringing up that book all you want, but it does not make your arguments any more credible.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
starsko wrote:

right.. thats why Axl ended up with 42% of the writing credits on AFD (the biggest piece of the pie)

also, that book is full of inaccurate info..   you slash apologists can keep bringing up that book all you want, but it does not make your arguments any more credible.

Axl had 25 %, Slash, Izzy and Duff 20 %, Steven 15 %.

if you say so..

back on topic, chinese democracy and enjoying the wait.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

JB was right Slash formula determined 42% of credits for Axl

but thats because they wieghed vocal melodies and lyrics heavily as part of composition, but musically we gotta remember that axl didnt write much, he relied on the other guys to do their thing...which i normal i mean, not a slight agains what Axl did for AFD but i think 10 of the 12 songs or something were lyrics and vocal melody by Axl....again by Slash's formula it translated to 42% of the credits...i broke it all down on the old RoV board and i cant be arsed to do it all again

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

fuck it i checked out some of my old posts from htgth

AFD
"Welcome To The Jungle" - (Music: Slash, Rose / Lyrics: Rose)
"It's So Easy" - (Music: McKagan, Arkeen / Lyrics: McKagan, Arkeen )
"Nightrain" - (Music: Stradlin, McKagan, Rose, Slash / Lyrics: McKagan, Rose)
"Out Ta Get Me" - (Music: Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin)
"Mr. Brownstone" - (Music: Stradlin, Slash / Lyrics: Stradlin)
"Paradise City" - (Music: McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, McKagan)
"My Michelle" - (Music: Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)
"Think About You" - (Music: Stradlin / Lyrics: Stradlin)
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - (Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)
"You're Crazy" - (Music: Slash, Stradlin, Rose / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin)
"Anything Goes" - (Music: Stradlin, Rose, Weber / Lyrics: Stradlin, Rose)
"Rocket Queen" - (Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

Music (32 credits)
Rose (9/12 songs) - 28%
Slash (8/12 songs) - 25%
Stradlin (10/12 songs) - 31%
McKagan (3/12 songs) - 10%
Adler (0/12 songs) - 0%
Weber (1/12 songs) - 3%
Arkeen (1/12 songs) - 3%

Lyrics (18 credits)
Rose (9/12 songs) - 50%
Slash (0/12 songs) - 0%
Stradlin (5/12 songs) - 28%
McKagan (3/12 songs) - 17%
Adler (0/12 songs) - 0%
Weber (0/12 songs) - 0%
Arkeen (1/12 songs) - 5%

Total (50% music/50% lyrics)
Axl - 39%
Slash - 12.5%
Stradlin - 29.5%
McKagan - 13.5%
Adler - 0%
Weber - 1.5%
Arkeen - 4%

Of course this theory is assuming if you got a credit for writing a song you had an equal share in it (Axl/Stradlin = 50/50). Intersting that Duff had more credits than Slash :-\

I reworked the numbers without Weber and Arkeen and they look like this:

Rose = 42%
Slash = 13%
Stradlin = 32%
McKagan = 14%
Adler = 0%

also a axl interveiw exerpt

Rolling Stone, May 11th 2000

After a 17.5 percent commission to management, Axl and his band mates divvied up the money according to a specific formula, which Axl described once in court. During pre-production for Appetite, Axl said, "Slash devised a system of figuring out who wrote what parts of a song or part of a song. There were four categories, I believe. There was lyrics, melody, music - meaning guitars, bass and drums - and accompaniment and arrangement. And we split each one of those into twenty-five percent. When we had finished, I had forty-one percent, and other people had different amounts."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=32

anyway its obvious they gave stuff to members just based on their involvement cuz Adler gets like 10-15% or something

Board footer