You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The Rant Thread

monkeychow wrote:

On an unrelared note....you can not buy rockband 2 in Australia...STILL....it's been out for like what a year overseas...i'd import it...but then what if the Chinese Democracy download is not availiable in my area.....GRR....

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

On an unrelared note....you can not buy rockband 2 in Australia...STILL....it's been out for like what a year overseas...i'd import it...but then what if the Chinese Democracy download is not availiable in my area.....GRR....

Check around online and maybe ask on the official Rock Band forums. I'm sure someone there could help you out.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

If you can get Rock Band 1 though you can still get the ChiDem download, you just won't have SR as that is exclusive to the RB2 disc.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Awesome thanks. I'll get that happening. I just get nervous cos on some games and stuff it goes like "this is not availaible in your region" and crap like that...so didn't want to amazon it and then get told I can't play it!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I have never seen Mole's theory work... ever.

Might have something to do with the girls I tend to like, or maybe it's just me, but I've never had it happen any other way smile.

I guess my latest is probably the most obvious example. I had known her for almost 5 years before things really started happening between us. I wasn't actually trying during those 5 years (was dating someone else), so that might explain it a bit, but she was one of my best friends during that time.

Although rumor has it that she wanted to hook up from the moment we met, but since I was already seeing someone she settled for one of my friends... scary shit.

Yeah, but see if true, that's an entirely different situation. From day one this girl wanted you. So the dynamic was never what you originally thought, in theory.

Although that's a bit odd that a girl would get close to someone you know for 5 years, to hook up with you. Goddamn, talk about get a life. (no offense, i'm sure you're a great guy)

My experience, like just about everyone else, and most girls will tell you this, they know from the very nanosecond they meet you if they'll be able to see you in that lover capacity. If they just see you as a friend from the beginning, there's not much you're ever gonna do to get them to see otherwise, and typically it's a massive waste of time.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Bottom Line: The friend-zone, unless you perform some sort of super human feat that any woman could not resist your not getting out, and being the nice guy is just gonna get you further into it, and being the "bad guy" will get you out of it but not in the way you'd hope.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody see The Butterfly Effect? Ashton Kutcher kept reversing time to be with Amy Smart, and every reset future was fucked up in some way with someone else, because he and her were happy, and then some crazy shit would happen, like her being a crack whore or him going to prison for murder, to keep them apart?

Sometimes it just isn't meant to be. The laws of the space-time continuum and destiny will make sure of it.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah..i think it can be done occasionally...but the bigger problem is in risking to do it...you waste litterally years of your life and hundreds of other chances....and put yourself on the path to unhappiness and depression......

It's like playing chicken with a truck to get a $10 note, maybe somehow you'll get away with it, but at the end of the day, there's money elsewhere.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

It's more less the wasting. Even though you like her, you also still value her as a friend and if you try anything and it doesn't work out it can really mess up the friendship that you also cherished and instead of gaining something you could lose something.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Why do you guys think trying to cultivate something more with a friend is risking the relationship? I dunno about you guys, but I usually don't have to _ask_ a girl how she feels about me, so if you get the feeling it's all building up to nothing then don't bother pushing beyond what you can actually get from this girl. She probably isn't that into you anyway and never will be.

Most girls will feel what you're trying to do and ignore it without having any hard feelings towards you, she'll give you ever so subtle hints that she's not interested. If she doesn't want to be your friend anymore 'cause you have feelings for her, she wasn't that good of a friend to begin with.

Listen, I'm not trying to say you can make something happen with every friend of the opposite sex you have, all I'm saying is that becoming friends first should not be perceived a problem. If you get the feeling you're actually stuck in the friends zone, she probably wouldn't have been interested either way.

The problem isn't the friend zone, the problem is disinterest. This also ties in with Axlin's remark about girls knowing if you're boyfriend material from the moment they meet you. Most of the time they do, but being a potential partner is a big step from actually being one. Becoming friends first along the way is no hindrance.

The friend zone is not the land of wasted opportunities it's made out to be. If you're stuck there you didn't have a chance to begin with.

Board footer