You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: DJ Ashba says GNR rehearses again!!

faldor wrote:
skippy wrote:

They should open with a ZigZag harmonica solo.
Then Welcome to the Jungle.
While Axl does a costume change, a Fortus rendition of "Daybreak" by Barry Manilow.
Followed by an Axl whistling solo.

I would so love if they did stuff like that.

The guitar solos are just kind of meh for me at this point.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to an Axl whistling solo, that man can whistle a tune.  Combine the Patience, One in a Million, Civil War, and Breakdown whistles.

I'm joking, that would be lame live.  But I do love those whistling parts in the context of each song.

Sky Dog wrote:

nobody wants to hear the solos...or very few people. Hell, I always used Slash's as a piss break. I don't get it. They have to know that people don't care. They want songs or instrumentals of songs like Bumble did with Don't Cry. I certainly don't need a Christina Aguilera song for god's sake.

If Axl needs a break, do some covers and let Tommy sing a song like they use to do with Duff and Attitude. Hell, Tommy is perfect for Attitude or Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory or even Raw Power if you want to do something off SI.

I agree that they should stick with songs and instrumentals this time. They sure don't have anything to stop them from doing it.

But I don't mind them "fucking off in G" and playing around a bit, though.

Quite the opposite! And Chinese Democracy should indeed be the opener.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

AFD trx need to be limited to just Jungle, Nightrain, City & Sweet Child.

That's it.

As much as I love Easy, Mr. B & Rocket Queen... it's time to move on.

Either play your fuckin' album, or bug off. Either CD needs to get heavy rotation or at least more of a mixture of UYI trx, but at this point Axl only has his hardcores, and frankly alot of them are bored with the AFD tribute band.

Chinese Democracy or Shackler's Revenge would be awesome openers to a post-CD release concert.

Sky Dog wrote:

how about keep Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, PC, and SCOM. Drop the shit out of Live and Let Die and KOHD.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Oh....and I think I'm the only person on Earth who wants this, but please lose Jungle as the opener and replace it with CD.

You're not the only one. Jungle should be shifted to later in the set ('specially now that we don't have Robin around to deliver that teasing intro).

Yes - I mean, Robin was so creative in coming up with that...it's just not the same without him there to play his original piece.  22

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

how about keep Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, PC, and SCOM. Drop the shit out of Live and Let Die and KOHD.

A friggin' men.

Guns have plenty to chose from the catalog with CD now completely out there.

There's no need to play covers, and i'd even say GN'R Lies songs.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Oh....and I think I'm the only person on Earth who wants this, but please lose Jungle as the opener and replace it with CD.

You're not the only one. Jungle should be shifted to later in the set ('specially now that we don't have Robin around to deliver that teasing intro).

Yes - I mean, Robin was so creative in coming up with that...it's just not the same without him there to play his original piece.  22

Buzz, play nice!

Axlin08, he needs Patience from Lies....that is it. To me, you have to have YCBM, Patience, Nov Rain, Jungle, SCOM, and PC. After that, mix and match different songs from the catalog. 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Patience is so friggin' boring these days.

Board footer