You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Die Mannequin Talks about opening for GnR

Neemo wrote:

its funny cuz axl thinks hes so important that he even needs security backstage against his opening acts

anyway i think its bullshit, anyone ever hear about like Ozzy, or Pantera or VH or aerosmith or Crue or a million other bands when the band actually hangs with their opening acts and doesnt treat them like little people?

i mean really, dude goes "yeah man, great show!" gives him a pat on the chest or back or whatever and security freaks on the guy and this is normal acceptable behaviour? seriously

not trying to be a negative nancy but seriously now

Yeah but Neemo, you have no idea how he approached him and how he said it, if he was really drunk it could have been really fast or wild, or maybe it was more then just a pat.

He doesn't have security against his opening acts, he just has security back there with him and in this day and age, why not have security back there.  I am sure he isn't the only artist to do that.   After what happened to Dimebag, I certainly see it as not a bad idea.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Since most of the opening bands tell the same weird stories about Axl, don't you think that he's that crazy? I'm sure he is. It doesn't make him a better or worse frontman, but he's not a down-to-earth person for sure.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I think you're right in a "where there's smoke there's fire" kindof way... but as for this Die Mannequin claim.. I tend to believe the crew's side of things. Band member walks up drunk "heyyy Axl!! What's up!!" Security just pushes the guy aside not knowing who the f*** he even is.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Since most of the opening bands tell the same weird stories about Axl, don't you think that he's that crazy? I'm sure he is. It doesn't make him a better or worse frontman, but he's not a down-to-earth person for sure.

As I stated in my post earlier, he definitely has his quirks for sure and his way of doing things but what this band is claiming is definitely embelished and far from the truth about how they don't hang with Axl.   As far as the security guard issue, I am sure he did push him up against the wall but that is what you get when you do a foolish thing like that, knowing how Axl is as far as security goes.    No artist would deal with a drunken mess coming up to them and putting their hands on them.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

As I stated in my post earlier, he definitely has his quirks for sure and his way of doing things but what this band is claiming is definitely embelished and far from the truth about how they don't hang with Axl.   As far as the security guard issue, I am sure he did push him up against the wall but that is what you get when you do a foolish thing like that, knowing how Axl is as far as security goes.    No artist would deal with a drunken mess coming up to them and putting their hands on them.

Do you remember that girl who hanged with them sometime during the Aussie tour? She said they had two afterparty rooms: one for Axl, Baz and the 'close friends', and another for the band and 'the rest'.

Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Do you remember that girl who hanged with them sometime during the Aussie tour? She said they had two afterparty rooms: one for Axl, Baz and the 'close friends', and another for the band and 'the rest'.

Maybe they do have two rooms at times or at that particular time but I am sure they mingle in each room.    Like I said, I know 3 people that have went to after parties and they hung out with all of them, Axl was in the same room as the band.   I am only going by what my friends have told me.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Yeah but Neemo, you have no idea how he approached him and how he said it, if he was really drunk it could have been really fast or wild, or maybe it was more then just a pat.

He doesn't have security against his opening acts, he just has security back there with him and in this day and age, why not have security back there.  I am sure he isn't the only artist to do that.   After what happened to Dimebag, I certainly see it as not a bad idea.

but when dime was killed it was in a bar, not an arena, its fucked up he hangs with like his security guards more than his band though, seriously, its like darth vader walking around with storm troopers all the time 16

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I think you're right in a "where there's smoke there's fire" kindof way... but as for this Die Mannequin claim.. I tend to believe the crew's side of things. Band member walks up drunk "heyyy Axl!! What's up!!" Security just pushes the guy aside not knowing who the f*** he even is.

and again he should know who the fuck his opening bands are...i dunno maybe i'm way off, but if it were me i'd wanna talk to the peopel playing the same show as me hmm am i wrong? and if  that happend wouldnt axl say "let up man hes just that kid from die mannequin" or whoever

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

but when dime was killed it was in a bar, not an arena, its fucked up he hangs with like his security guards more than his band though, seriously, its like darth vader walking around with storm troopers all the time 16

Axl always had Earl with him in the 90's it's what he does.   I don't believe he hangs with his security guards more then his band now on tour, I think that he doesn't arrive with them and he doesn't leave with them but he does party with them.    We'll have to agree to disagree 19  15

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

seriously, its like darth vader walking around with storm troopers all the time 16

and again he should know who the fuck his opening bands are...i dunno maybe i'm way off, but if it were me i'd wanna talk to the peopel playing the same show as me hmm am i wrong? and if  that happend wouldnt axl say "let up man hes just that kid from die mannequin" or whoever

I agree with you, Axl sure has his quirks. We don't read about Dave Grohl, Eddie Vedder or Anthony Kiedis and their security guard issues backstage. So yeah, Axl's a bit wierd with it all. But I think it can become exaggerated as well. I think Elvis became a bit of a wierdo later in his career, thinking he needed all this tremendous security around him, when really in the early 70's he was basically irrelevant.

Karma for the Darth Vader analogy by the way. Fits pretty well.

Board footer