You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: GNR.com on Strikeout as MLB Goes on Strike

emcitymisfit wrote:

How the hell does MLB get their hands on the gnr site? I'm totally lost. Is this a prank?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

16:laugh::lol:  Un-fucking-believable.   Not only is this the biggest horeshit ever it's such an insult to the fans intelligence. It's like they look down on thier own fans. Scratch that it's not like that , IT IS THAT WAY. The very fact they use this as an excuse shows they have no regard and no respect for the few fans they have left.  It's so laughable.  Axl Rose and everyone involved with this need thier asses kicked big time. Just for being douchebags. Nothing to do with the music just simply for being douchebags. Same reason I wanna kick the asses of fuckheads wearing skin tight Ed Hardy or Affliction t- shirts with their fucking little fohawks and fake spray on tans and tweezed eyebrows.  Gn'R is now on par with Ed Hardy wearing, popped collar douchbags.  Axl may even tweeze his eyebrows for all we know.

14:laugh::laugh:

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm not sure why Mysteron would say what he did in his apology - all it did was make GNR look bad (again).

Presumably now he will come out in a day or two and make an apology for his apology.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont think mysteron's comment mean a whole lot, I dont know what he is apologising for either, unless something was deleted, its hardly the revelation of the century, more like a half baked excuse.

About the website Axl said in the chats:

Q: -Any plans on updating the website to make it more...fan friendly?  And what ever happened to the fan club thing?

A: I’ve started (again) recently to make an attempt to try and get something going there. It’s been extremely frustrating. I’ve had ideas but former management went with theirs. Previous to what we have now I’ve consistently had others attempt to pressure and railroad me into working with others that I chose not to as it was more about managerial control than a good website and not in my best interest so the ideas get shelved and it generally just sits there. Plus as frustrating as it was for everyone it was not time to talk publicly. So it gets consistently shelved.

Whatever their excuse is, its weak. They could have a kickass alternate website up and running in a week if they wanted to, but the truth is they dont want to. The fans are left scraping around for any sliver of information they can get, and rely on other fans to make up bootlegs and videos etc.
I spent some time checking out websites of other big named bands yesterday and it was pretty depressing stuff, even bands I didnt like their websites were that impressive and interesting I found myself checking out everything, listening to audio and watching videos. GNR.com is shameful and sums up perfectly how motivated gnr are when it comes to their fans.

I have a poster on my wall from the aborted 2001 tour and it has gunsnroses.com on it, that site site never went online till 2006, so who owns the name? Someone had it in 2001, I assumed it was gnr.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

GNR.com is shameful and sums up perfectly how motivated gnr are when it comes to their fans

Obviously you weren't around or have already forgot www.gnronline.com

"News about Chinese Democracy coming soon".

THAT was shameful. It was so bad it could make ANYONE cry.

When GNR.com was launched I was like a starved and tortured person being introduced to McDonalds for the first time. It was a relief.

Now it's just another embaressement.

I don't get these excuses. So you have plans Axl, hire some webguy and make a site. Pretty easy isn't it. Or, God forbid, get rights to HTGTH, re-do it and make it official. Then again, that would be bad too. Oh well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so i guess we can stop blaming Del and Fernando for that crappy site? 16

Who cares?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

"Mister Wayne, if you don't want to tell me exactly what you're doing - when I'm asked, I don't have to lie. But don't think of me as an idiot."

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

TO BE FAIR TO THE BAND:

This didn't come from them, it came from an unverified source that usually just gives very vague messages that mean something. Don't crucify Axl n Co. just yet, this hasn't came from anyone associated with the band.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Axl S wrote:

TO BE FAIR TO THE BAND:

This didn't come from them, it came from an unverified source that usually just gives very vague messages that mean something. Don't crucify Axl n Co. just yet, this hasn't came from anyone associated with the band.

Exactly.

Hopefully we can get the band to come out and confirm that Mysteron is a fraud.

That would be my best case scenario.

Board footer