You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

And also who the fuck cares? I can give two shits if 70,000 people buy a ticket to see U2 live. I could give two fucks if 54,000 people bought tickets to see this Guns N' Roses. It's about what you like and not what others are doing. I am a fan of music not ticket sales, singles, t-shirts, or bullshit.

Like I said before, it seems as if some of us have moved on and have accepted the situation for what it is.  Others continue to bring up how they're not selling as well as their contempories and how nobody owns the album. 

I agree with you though.  Who cares?  NONE of my friends own the album (except for one who I bought it for).  I tried to push it on all of them but it fell on deaf ears.  Yet, I know, at least a couple of them will be willing to see them in concert again if they come back to the US.

I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm glad things have unfolded the way they have and that I never wanted GNR to sit atop the music world again with the other heavyweights.  But what's done, is done.  And selfishly, part of me sure wouldn't mind if ticket sales are slow if/when they come around my way so I can have an easier time getting good seats.  I've yet to have good seats at a GNR show, and I'm thinking that's something I'd enjoy.  9

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Boy alot of shit went down since yesterday in this thread.

Sad thing is, Buzz is completely right and simply stating the current situation, and he's an asshole for it.

This whole GN'R tour thing reminds me SOOOO much of early 2006. In early '06, GN'R was dead as fucking hell and buried, the boards were dying, then some shows got announced.

Suddenly the same people that were "fuck Axl this" and "fuck Axl that" turned into "what kind of fruit jelly do you have for your ass", within milliseconds.

2009... we've come no further. The fair weather fans are out in full force. When GN'R doesn't tour, fuck 'em, when the least little bit of a MySpace gets updated, suddenly they cup their balls.

I respect the fuckin' hell out of Buzz, and the reason? Because the guy brings truth to the table, and continues to pound the shit out of it, while everyone else sells out regularly, sans a few of us, that are apparently now "Buzzites".

Buzz, I disagree with you on the quality of CD (I love it), but for the rest... never change. You're right, don't even fuckin' worry about it. 22

I haven't changed my stance over the years.  I've remained positive about the whole situation.  Buzzsaw isn't alone in sticking to his guns.  And either am I.  I know there are plenty of other people who have remained upbeat despite all that has (or hasn't) gone down.

Let's not give Buzz too much credit here.  In fact, I don't see too many people changing their stances despite any news.  Maybe everyone was positive for the days and weeks before and after the album release, but aside from that people have pretty much remained the same.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That might be, but your positivity cannot be accurate to normal ideas on the positive atmosphere of a music artist.

Unless you live in topsy-turvy world.

War must be sex... and sex must be war... and GN'R must be a positive situation.

You're getting the CD World Tour IV, that's nothing to be positive about. If anything, the best you can be is 'indifferent', which is how I feel. That's why I haven't really slung mud in alot of this stuff lately, and my posts are down from the norm in the GN'R section.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Any band with such a lapse between albums isn't going to have a huge following. Especially when they released only 2 (real) original albums.

The whole theory of GNR being as big as Metallica and U2 is kind of ridiculous, when they were only that big for a few years over a decade ago.

And its hard to take anyone serious when they base all their opinions on just wanting the old lineup to reunite.

Don't take me seriously than. From here on out I'll return the favor Honestly my opinions aren't off the cuff. They're thought out so either you deal with me saying I want the old band to reunite or you hit the ignore option and ignore me altogether. Un-fucking-real that you think my opinions are based solely on me wanting the old band to get back together.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That might be, but your positivity cannot be accurate to normal ideas on the positive atmosphere of a music artist.

Unless you live in topsy-turvy world.

War must be sex... and sex must be war... and GN'R must be a positive situation.

You're getting the CD World Tour IV, that's nothing to be positive about. If anything, the best you can be is 'indifferent', which is how I feel. That's why I haven't really slung mud in alot of this stuff lately, and my posts are down from the norm in the GN'R section.

With all due respect, who are you to say what I can and can't be positive about?

I sure as hell can be positive that my favorite band of all time is going to be hitting the road and touring again, and I sure as hell will be.  I'm not even attending any of the shows and I'm stoked about them, just think how those who are going must feel!  It's a ridiculous notion to say there's nothing to get excited about.  If you honestly feel that way, what are you,,,,,, ah forget it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

And also who the fuck cares? I can give two shits if 70,000 people buy a ticket to see U2 live. I could give two fucks if 54,000 people bought tickets to see this Guns N' Roses. It's about what you like and not what others are doing. I am a fan of music not ticket sales, singles, t-shirts, or bullshit.

Like I said before, it seems as if some of us have moved on and have accepted the situation for what it is.  Others continue to bring up how they're not selling as well as their contempories and how nobody owns the album. 

I agree with you though.  Who cares?  NONE of my friends own the album (except for one who I bought it for).  I tried to push it on all of them but it fell on deaf ears.  Yet, I know, at least a couple of them will be willing to see them in concert again if they come back to the US.

I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm glad things have unfolded the way they have and that I never wanted GNR to sit atop the music world again with the other heavyweights.  But what's done, is done.  And selfishly, part of me sure wouldn't mind if ticket sales are slow if/when they come around my way so I can have an easier time getting good seats.  I've yet to have good seats at a GNR show, and I'm thinking that's something I'd enjoy.  9

Holy fucking christ man. The title of this thread asks point blank how the shows are selling. If you can't have that discussion someone should delete the thread. Sorry Neemo 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Any band with such a lapse between albums isn't going to have a huge following. Especially when they released only 2 (real) original albums.

The whole theory of GNR being as big as Metallica and U2 is kind of ridiculous, when they were only that big for a few years over a decade ago.

And its hard to take anyone serious when they base all their opinions on just wanting the old lineup to reunite.

Don't take me seriously than. From here on out I'll return the favor Honestly my opinions aren't off the cuff. They're thought out so either you deal with me saying I want the old band to reunite or you hit the ignore option and ignore me altogether. Un-fucking-real that you think my opinions are based solely on me wanting the old band to get back together.

Well, that's where your opinions seem to stem from. You're the one who constantly brings up, when stating your well thought out opinions, that you don't care about the new band and all you want is a reunion, like you did in this very thread. So I can't seperate the 2 when you're the one bringing it up.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Holy fucking christ man. The title of this thread asks point blank how the shows are selling. If you can't have that discussion someone should delete the thread. Sorry Neemo 14

Yeah like threads on this board always stick strictly to the script.

Let me rephrase for you Bono.  I remain upbeat even though shows aren't selling at rapid rates.  You happy?  19

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

And its been stated that some shows are selling well, which some people want to ignore. Faldor isn't stating anything wrong. Axlin is the one who's telling him how he should feel about it, as if he's the "decider" of the GNR world.

You're going to be negative, Faldor, and you're going to LIKE IT! 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If he wants to Use His Disillusion, that's his choice.

Board footer