You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: This Is It?

Gong wrote:

Who's moaning?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to go to canada and see the band, more so if it did turn out to be "it", but sadly it's not possible for me given my current financial situation as i'm in Australia.

Frankly I see no evidence this is "It" however, I think the dramatic "it" feeling is caused by reading too much negativity on these boards that say everything from the band sucks, to axl's too old, to it's not the real band and axl doesn't care blah blah....after a while that shit seeps in and we forget what's possible.

It wasn't the end in 2002, or in 2006 and I see no reason why this should be the end now.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

It seems obvious to me that this is Axl's final tour.

If you knew that were true, would it motivate you more to travel to Canada?

No. Saw him in 2006 and he was amazing, and I wish him a happy retirement.

In theory.

I wouldn't go to Canada for a reunited band.

I love Guns, and Axl, but there's just some thing's I wouldn't do. Maybe if I had some sort of actual reason to go to Canada other than Guns, and I just stopped in for a show, i'd go obviously, but short of that. Nah.

I think alot of this pissed off attitude Axl gets is because he never played the media game. If Axl had came out in 1994 or 1995 and announced retirement, and self-aggrandized the whole thing, people would've walked away with their heads held high with good will AND would've fell over themselves to welcome him back.

But then again, if my uncle had wheels and peddles he'd be a bicycle...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I live in Canada and I won't go to see them.  *lol*  Seriously I would not be surprised if this is Axl's last hurrah.  BUT!  I would not be surprised if it isn't his last tour either.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If this was his last tour it'd make good commercial sense to announce that in order to sell a few more tickets. Axls last tour might not get people from California to head to Canada but it might get people in Canada who were 50/50 about going to buy a ticket.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

If this was his last tour it'd make good commercial sense to announce that in order to sell a few more tickets. Axls last tour might not get people from California to head to Canada but it might get people in Canada who were 50/50 about going to buy a ticket.

I'd agree, but at the same time I couldn't really envision Axl doing a Michael Jackson type "This Is It" announcement and tour.  Unfortunately I think, whenever he decides to call it quits, it's gonna end without much fanfare or notice.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I'd agree, but at the same time I couldn't really envision Axl doing a Michael Jackson type "This Is It" announcement and tour.  Unfortunately I think, whenever he decides to call it quits, it's gonna end without much fanfare or notice.

No I couldn't envisage a press conference and the fanfare that went with Jackos announcement (for obvious reasons). However if Axl chose to say this is likely the last time I'll be touring and posted that on the site the main music media would certinaly pick up on it. Having said that I'm not sure that's Axls style I could definitely see him just disappearing with no fuss.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

That last tour may come about like Jackson's did. Money shortages.
Get back with the old gang, swallow your pride, make a squidillion dollars and then disappear..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Sounds good to me.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I think it depends on the success of this tour is and whatever he does next in the form of an album release. let's say this tour does less than '06 and cd 2 does significantly worse than cd 1. depending on how drastic the fall is ,  'Reunion or Nothing may be a reality he'll have to face. i don't think it will get to the point myself but i wouldn't say it's impossible either and if it does get that point he's made it clear he will retire before he reunites with slash.

Board footer