You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Axl Interview w Korean Newspaper (Unconfirmed)

Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:

it was about criticising certain undemocratic actions done by the government. Various democratic movements are underway in China. These movements are starting to receive attention and results are being produced because of our songs.

he cannot be serious. Is he seriously under the illusion that democratic movements in China are recieving attention  and results are being seen thanks to a Guns N' Roses album.   Axl seems a bit more mellow in this interview and his comments about the former band members and a reunion are  huge positive step even if a reunion never comes of it but those few lines lead me to think he's crazier than ever 16

It sounds retarded but I doubt those were his exact words. Lost in Translation and what not. There was a few chinese interviews at the time where Chinese Musicians and fans were praising the Fact that He actually spoke out about Chinas Regime.
I'd say thats what he was referring to. Probably trying to reach out and let the fans in China who went to Extremes to get the album on the black market. A thank you to them.
IT seems mighty insane however the way its printed there

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

This interview is bullshit. It's like a journalist made a fake interview and the geek's never even visited a GN'R forum and hasn't read an Axl interview from the past few years. B version: Axl lost the last bits of his sanity and he's under serious pression for a reunion. The odds are 99 to 1.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

If it is legit I applaud his answer on the reunion question.  This should've been done a ong time ago.  Now if he could concentrate on his current lineup.  If legit a true step in the right direction.  Cheers to Axl.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Having lived in Asia for over 12 years now, I personally don't think it's fake.  More likely, as has been mentioned, the bizarre nature of his answers comes from mistranslation.  I've seen some pretty poorly translated stuff over the years.  This is potentially worse because it's been through the filter twice.

I've done some translating myself and worked with other translators.  Obviously, the language comprehension ability of the translator is a major factor, but since translators are human, you're also dealing with biases, assumptions, and other factors that can make a translated version much different from the original.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

This is actually a very nice interview to read.  I think there are some things that are lost in translation that lead to awkward answers (mainly that answer about China).  Well I'm glad that Axl's in a better state of mind and happy to be out on the road.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

good interview if it's true

if Axl is calming his venomous rhetoric down, I think it's very positive. Not only for this band, but also any future plans

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Ok well I guess this is official since DJ ASJBA posted up a copy of the interview on his own personal Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 … =701824213

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

An interview of axl posted (for the fans) on the facebook page of his guitarist and translated "loosely" by fans from the forums.

We are now GNR's marketing team.

I wonder if anyone, including band members, can ever get a hold of Axl. I bet it's a "wait til he calls us" arrangement.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Can someone please point me to anyplace where Slash "bashes" Axl?

He may have had some harsh comments etc.. but I have yet to see anything id consider "bashing"

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think Slash and Axl both realized that 99 percent of the fanbase loves them both and it turns that fanbase off when either talks shit about the other.

Board footer