You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Questions

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

dude a reunion would be so fucking lame.    that lineup lived its life..  and seeing them get back together would totally cheapen their legacy.    some things are better left in the past and besides, the band is fine as it is now and doesn't need some guys who walked out on it years ago.

i don't necessarily wish for a reunion. but axl is taking so long to release the record and i'm slowly running out of patience. i like the new songs or else i wouldn't be here. but i have been "liking" the "new" songs for 6-7 years now. give the guys the opportunity to be great. taking them on tour with no promotion, nobody knowing who they are, everybody thinking they are replacements for slash & co. because 500.000 to 700.000 rock fans in europe only know guns n' roses for the albums they own not for the leaks won't help too much

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

:drool:ok a bit of a complicated thread but i;; try to touch on some of the thoughts being talked about

old band vs new band, i never saw the orig band live, closest i came was seeing the Paris PPV on TV. and at that time the band was so bloated the stupid reggae KOHD and tracy and roberta, there was a few things i hated about that show. but still they seemed awesome from that show in any case. the new band...in two stages....in '02 the enegery was electric, BH was insane, axl was awe inspiring as i had never seen him live before and i wasnt expecting much, But robin was a huge turnoff back then, and fortus and tommy were forgettable..come 06, fortus has definately upped his stage prescence and Robin is a million times improved, tommy is still forgettale IMO, and BBF is a good replacement for BH, not worse or anything just a different animal, he is world class though, just incredible to watch, just as BH was. as for the crowd energy though...it sucked, a mid-week show, people had traveled from work to watch and had to work the next day, everyone was tired and at 1:30am just didnt have the energy rock out, axl even commented on it....asking ron not to wake us up during his solo 16 Now VR, i saw them in 05 (?) and Slash and Duff are incredible, i dont care waht anyone says....hell even matt is in your face, for a drummer thats saying something, but the three of them were great, and frankly their stage precence over powered Scott and Dave, and i'm a huge Scott fan but slash just draws the eye 11

as for a reunion, i wanna see the new band suceed as much as anyone but i never understood the idea of not wanting a reunion to happen....the old band made every tune we've all come to love

and the energy surrounding gnr is dead at the moment, jsut look at any board and you'll see that...hopefully the interest will come back when someone decides to finally update us again

Neemo wrote:

as for a reunion, i wanna see the new band suceed as much as anyone but i never understood the idea of not wanting a reunion to happen....the old band made every tune we've all come to love

those of us who don't want to see a reunion have the following reasons:

A. it would cheapen what it was... the legacy.  Some things are better left in the past.
B. coming to love the band as it is.
C. it would be cliche
D. Slash and Matt don't deserve to be in Guns N' Roses.
E. Axl would be a complete failure
F. it would be a bunch of guys who dont get along or like each other very much "doin it for the money".   Not interested.
G. Chinese Democracy and several other supposed albums worth of material would go to waste
H. Robin, Tommy, Richard, Dizzy, Chris, Ron, and Frank are part of the band now and there is no reason to let go of them.  The chemistry is solid, and the band is incredible.
I. The current lineup plays the songs perfectly well anyways.
J. Axl gets along better with these guys

and I'm sure someone could give you even more reasons.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

those of us who don't want to see a reunion have the following reasons:

A. it would cheapen what it was... the legacy.  Some things are better left in the past.
B. coming to love the band as it is.
C. it would be cliche
D. Slash and Matt don't deserve to be in Guns N' Roses.
E. Axl would be a complete failure
F. it would be a bunch of guys who dont get along or like each other very much "doin it for the money".   Not interested.
G. Chinese Democracy and several other supposed albums worth of material would go to waste
H. Robin, Tommy, Richard, Dizzy, Chris, Ron, and Frank are part of the band now and there is no reason to let go of them.  The chemistry is solid, and the band is incredible.
I. The current lineup plays the songs perfectly well anyways.
J. Axl gets along better with these guys

and I'm sure someone could give you even more reasons.

A, Axl's doing a great job tarnishing the legacy
B  Axlite rule: you must love the band in its current form. If anyone leaves or rejoins you must hail that line-up.
C agreed
D LOL. I haven't read anything this stupid for years.
E Hello! He is.
F The current players aren't doing it for the money. The tours weren't for the money. It's only for 'artistic reasons' 22
G There isn't too much chance for that material to get released.
H There is no chemistry. On te other hand I agree, that some of these guys put a lot of effort into Axl's project and it'd be an unfair move against them. But they're only hired people, who got the money. They signed for it, then take it.
I No
J Agreed, he likes to have employees around him and yes-men, although he really misses someone to tell him a 'no' sometimes.

Anyway, I don't really want a reunion anymore. As much as I'm not a hardcore fan of VR or Nu-GN'R, I don't see that any band with Axl in it could function. So I'm more comfortable with Slash & Co making B-class material than waiting for something that won't happen or won't work. The day Axl grows up and hell freezes over I might change my mind.

opinions are like assholes.  those points i stated are mine, and they are every bit valid.   i see no need to dwell on the past, especially all these years later.

supaplex

supaplex wrote:

opinions are like assholes.  those points i stated are mine, and they are every bit valid.   i see no need to dwell on the past, especially all these years later.

i am sorry my friend, what you say about opinions is right but, slash doesn't deserve to be in guns n' roses!!!???

i know you are a finck fan, and probably his style suits your preferences, but there would be no guns n' roses without slash. you wouldn't be here on this board without slash. you may not like the man but show a little bit of respect for fuck's sake.

i tried not to respond to your posts praising finck because i liked the man the first time i've seen him on stage (rir 2001, on tv not on location tongue) but you're way over the line with that comment.

supaplex wrote:

i am sorry my friend, what you say about opinions is right but, slash doesn't deserve to be in guns n' roses!!!???

i know you are a finck fan, and probably his style suits your preferences, but there would be no guns n' roses without slash. you wouldn't be here on this board without slash. you may not like the man but show a little bit of respect for fuck's sake.

i tried not to respond to your posts praising finck because i liked the man the first time i've seen him on stage (rir 2001, on tv not on location tongue) but you're way over the line with that comment.

ok.. first, Slash not deserving to be in Guns doesn't really have anything to do with Finck.. although I wouldn't ever want to see Robin leave the band and so I don't want him replaced by anyone.

I realize what I'm saying isn't going to be popular with Slash fans, but its my personal feelings on the whole thing.   I do respect what he did in the band back in teh day, but I'm not a fan of what he became after his time in Guns N' Roses and have no desire to see him back in the band now.   IMO he deserved the time he had in the band, but that was plenty enough and he doesn't deserve any more after what has happened and what he has become over the last 15 years.

Again, its just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex

supaplex wrote:

@ jimmy: ok, maybe i took it the wrong way, but you said "slash doesn't deserve to be in guns n' roses" and that was it. so i took it generally. my bad.

i would still prefer slash over robin though but, as you said it's a matter of personal preference, and it's probably because there is no "final product" with robin in gnr unfortunately

Board footer