You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl being sued for $1.8M by Front Line Management

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

still don't think Track 2 was Prostitute! LOL!

well in people's defense, as stated, if u listen to the description of "Prostitute" it didn't really fit what we heard on track 2

also, TIL was the "heaviest" song Axl ever wrote... I guess he meant emotionally on himself. I was expecting something else with that as well.

Merle Haggard, Sing Me Back Home Lyrics
Looking for Merle Haggard tabs and chords? Browse alphabet (above).

Artist: Haggard Merle
Song: Sing Me Back Home
Album: The Ultimate Collection Merle Haggard Sheet Music
Merle Haggard CDs 
Listen to Sing Me Back Home
Play Sing Me Back Home from Merle Haggard now.
playme.com
Ads by ClickFuse

Send 'Sing Me Back Home'  Ringtone to Cell Phone

The warden led a prisoner down the hallway to his doom
I stood up to say good-bye like all the rest
And I heard him tell the warden just before he reached my cell
'Let my guitar playing friend do my request.' (Let him...)

Sing me back home with a song I used to hear
Make my old memories come alive
Take me away and turn back the years
Sing Me Back Home before I die

I recall last Sunday morning a choir from 'cross the street
Came to sing a few old gospel songs
And I heard him tell the singers 'There's a song my mama sang.
Can I hear once before we move along?'

Sing me back home, the song my mama sang
Make my old memories come alive
Take me away and turn back the years
Sing Me Back Home before I die

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

With Prostitute it did match the description of "fire and ice" that was given. And their were orcastra arrangements which was said too be on it and he did say the word people just didn't want to hear it. I never understood that nightrain meets moby.. what the fuck would that even sound like and why would people wanna hear it?

how is Prostitute Fire and Ice?

Its pretty much the same thing the entire song

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fire = vocals/guitar work

Ice = the violins/synth

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

BLS +1 karma.

Prostitute sounds just like its description: Fire and Ice... You don't see it, D? It's a ballad that turns in pounding rock in bursts, shredding guitar, then goes back to piano and orchestrations. The guy who made the comment talked at length about the orchestrations. How the hell could anyone think it was the next Nightrain is beyond me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Same tempo,melody and music throughout

it doesn't change

Fire and Ice to me is like Estranged

U have the opening piano soft Axl vocal.. then after the piano interlude u have fire with the vocals, guitar solos etc.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You must be listening to another song. To say it stays the same through the whole song, well... I don't know what to say. The piano and orchestrations to the sections of blistering guitar and drums, Bucket shredding, to the orchestrated outro... I don't know. You must be listening to something else.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i wouldnt call any part of prostitute "blistering" or "shredding" but maybe its just me... fire and ice reference....

talking about clean verses Piano, orchestra and then the "heavy" part comes in with distorted guitars and drums

moby is a fag anyway i dunno why anyof us relied on his word for a description let alone thinking that just cuz moby said it was good meant that it was....in fact it shoulda been our first clue that it was gonna be a ballad

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
-D- wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

With Prostitute it did match the description of "fire and ice" that was given. And their were orcastra arrangements which was said too be on it and he did say the word people just didn't want to hear it. I never understood that nightrain meets moby.. what the fuck would that even sound like and why would people wanna hear it?

how is Prostitute Fire and Ice?

Its pretty much the same thing the entire song

With the chorus when he starts singing "What would..." and the drums kick in and heavy string arrangements and the piano speeds up is like fire then it mellows out to how the song starts. For example up until the minute mark or so it's "ice" the the drums kick in and so on and is "fire" then it calms down down again.

Thats how I took it.. Changes in almost mood maybe.. mellow and not so mellow if you get what I am trying to get across.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i wouldnt call any part of prostitute "blistering" or "shredding" but maybe its just me... fire and ice reference....

I guess I'm hearing a different song then. I think the rock parts are pretty blistering. Guitar, bass drums, Bucket's crazy guitar. hmm

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah I don't think the descriptions of it match it at all. I hear a mediocre mid-tempo power ballad. Less gritty than IRS and less soulful than Sorry or TIL, it's totally unremarkable. I usually skip it when I listen to the album.

Board footer