You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: One Week Sober

Gong wrote:

It's not in my nature to post personal stuff on these boards - I tend to stick to the GN'R stuff, but I have been sober for one week today and I thought I'd share.

Drank nearly everyday for 24 years straight and finally had enough last weekend.

First week was a breeze - almost too easy.

Today (Day 7) I am in a blind rage - but still no urge to drink.

Thanks for reading. 9

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Keep it up. And fuck it. I think I'll join you. As of today. Cos I haven't had a drink yet.

Gong

Gong wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Keep it up. And fuck it. I think I'll join you. As of today. Cos I haven't had a drink yet.

Awesome. bucket

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Good luck man. Alcoholism runs in my family. My dad drinks every day. He's pushing 70, I'm 37. I've never seen a day go by he didn't have his Jack and Coke or a glass of wine.

My brother drank for close to 20 years, then he had to quit or he'd have been locked up.

I drank hardcore for about 7 years before I realized what was happening. I cut down to weekend wine with my wife, but we both decided to stop that in February.

It'll help you in so many ways to quit. Hope you do well.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't drink everyday, but I do binge drink on weekends with mates.

I've thought about giving up recently, more because of wasted days and hangovers (which suck), along with wasted money on booze. But I really dig drinking beer socially with friends, so it's hard to go cold turkey.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Congrats on your one week too, hope you can stick to it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Congrats. All the best with kicking it & everything else in your life.

Gong

Gong wrote:

Thanks for all the support.

Still no urge to booze but I punched myself in the face a couple of times today and have 2 black eyes now.

i think this is the appropriate emoticon 17

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Keep it up, man! 22

I've only been addicted to coffee in my life and even that wasn't a serious addiction. I drank 4 or 5 cups a day (I started with one, obviously, but 'the little got more and more'), but in a few years my blood pressure was high, so I decided to give up. The first two weeks weren't easy, but weren't too hard either. But that was nothing of an addiction, compared to others'.

Board footer