You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: DJ Ashba - A Day In The Life

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ Where's this comming from about him only posting when he has something to sell? Seems to me he has a strong track record of interacting with fans on facebook, and his own website in chats and stuff.

I think he seems like a good guy overall, while I don't like stars getting people fired over rudeness, I think we really need to have seen what was said to him first to provoke that responce.

He's posted at least a few messages at mygnr and htgth that start with him proclaiming his love for the fans. Then the next few sentences are him going on about his rad new clothing line, guitars, equipment, etc that all GN'R fans should go check out at his merch site asap.

Find me an artist who doesn't do that.  Surprise, they like to make money.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"Find me an artist who doesn't do that. "

Axl Rose.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ lol.

It's kind of damned if you do and don't though. Like Axl is often critized for not doing more promo, pimping more products etc, and hiding from the public, yet when DJ does put himself out there it's insulting to people. Can't win.

I think this whole incdent depends what was said that constituted rudeness. If DJ got upset cos this guy was slow brining the beer and coffee over then his outburst is over the top, but if the bar employee was grabbing asses, pissing into the soup and calling their wives bad words then like maybe DJ did the whole town a fucking favour. We just can't know without more info on what he ment by rudeness.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Whatever happened, it was lame to boast about it on twitter.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah. Keep it to yourself. It's fine if he did everyone a favour, and was the hero of the day. However, writing it on Twitter to thousands of people lacking any kind of information on it, just doesn't work out. He should know that. And, why boast about it anyway. He wanted to look cool, thats why.

faldor

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

"Find me an artist who doesn't do that. "

Axl Rose.

I knew I opened myself up with that one and I was going to add "besides Axl Rose".  But when I added the part about money, I think Axl is concerned with making money.  Just in different ways than others.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess you guys can be happy with whatever DJ does. There's just nothing to like about him for me. I was asked and I listed my reasons. That's enough for me. The guy is a tool and a joke in my opinion.

Unfortunately Russ, I don't think you wanted to like DJ from the start because of who he replaced.  So you're taking the incidents you don't care for and magnifying them.  He's done a LOT of positive things since he joined the fold.  That's what I choose to look at.  Do I agree with some of his tweets about trashing hotel rooms and throwing bottles at bartenders?  No!  But he seems to be playing great live.  He's interacting with fans, taking pictures, sharing videos, and giving us updates.  That all far outweighs his two rockstar type tweets for me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Do I agree with some of his tweets about trashing hotel rooms

He trashed a hotel room too?

Board footer