You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: DJ Ashba - A Day In The Life

Olorin wrote:

Aye, and twitted about blowing smoke in a hotel workers face and telling them to fuck off at his room door in the same twit.

lol mabye "twit" is the word actually. Its a snooze fest to me, that shite might impress school kids, but...well mabye you had to be there and it might be understandable when your there... but twitting about it like a big shot? Fuck off.
Hopefully he is drunk when he tweets this shite and regrets it in the morning, I can empathise that 14

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Whatever happened, it was lame to boast about it on twitter.

Yeah, but him and thousands of others do it. Sign of the times.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Unfortunately Russ, I don't think you wanted to like DJ from the start because of who he replaced.  So you're taking the incidents you don't care for and magnifying them.  He's done a LOT of positive things since he joined the fold.  That's what I choose to look at.  Do I agree with some of his tweets about trashing hotel rooms and throwing bottles at bartenders?  No!  But he seems to be playing great live.  He's interacting with fans, taking pictures, sharing videos, and giving us updates.  That all far outweighs his two rockstar type tweets for me.

I gotta get Russ' back on this one. I didn't like BJ, I mean DJ from the beginning. I had showed up to Russ' house for practice and he put on a boot. I told him that I didn't care for B(D)J, and he proceeded to show me all of his highlights throughout the show in an attempt to get me to like him. Russ very much gave him a chance. It's just the whole bragging about being a douche on Twitter that's turning people against him, not the guitar playing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I view it like I view Axl, maybe he shouldn't bite securtiy guards, but he does what he does and he's the best singer in the world to my ears. Maybe DJ shouldn't brag about firing some drunk dude, but since he came to GNR the band sounds a damn lot better than it has in a fucking long time. And that's where it's at to me.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The band sounds better, he's also a strong song writer and he fits the bill better than Robin on stage. He really does.

Aye, and twitted about blowing smoke in a hotel workers face and telling them to fuck off at his room door in the same twit.

Seem he just keeps "bumping into" all these disrespecting people...

Its a snooze fest to me, that shite might impress school kids, but...well mabye you had to be there and it might be understandable when your there... but twitting about it like a big shot? Fuck off.

Yep, that is downright fuck off from me too. Might be cool for kids and idiots (and there's plenty of "I support you no matter whaaaat" around) but it doesn't impress me one fucking bit.

I actually get embaressed on his behalf.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I wouldn't bet on anyone with a trademark in their name.

That said, on stage DJ is a cool cat and a good guitar player. But Axl, from now on, stop taking cheap shots at Slash for "selling out" or whatever.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Unfortunately Russ, I don't think you wanted to like DJ from the start because of who he replaced.  So you're taking the incidents you don't care for and magnifying them.  He's done a LOT of positive things since he joined the fold.  That's what I choose to look at.  Do I agree with some of his tweets about trashing hotel rooms and throwing bottles at bartenders?  No!  But he seems to be playing great live.  He's interacting with fans, taking pictures, sharing videos, and giving us updates.  That all far outweighs his two rockstar type tweets for me.

I gotta get Russ' back on this one. I didn't like BJ, I mean DJ from the beginning. I had showed up to Russ' house for practice and he put on a boot. I told him that I didn't care for B(D)J, and he proceeded to show me all of his highlights throughout the show in an attempt to get me to like him. Russ very much gave him a chance. It's just the whole bragging about being a douche on Twitter that's turning people against him, not the guitar playing.

Maybe he did give DJ a fair shot, but at the same time maybe he's on a short leash, so to speak.  If Axl had done these same things, would he all of a sudden hate Axl?  I'd tend to think not.  Sure, he might still not agree with them but I don't think he'd be ready to turn his back on him.

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

That said, on stage DJ is a cool cat and a good guitar player. But Axl, from now on, stop taking cheap shots at Slash for "selling out" or whatever.

...more like if you are gonna have a Slash wannabe, maybe you should just go back to the real thing. Robin, Bucket, Ron, and even Richard do their own thing.....DJ, not so much. I do think he is a good player though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

...more like if you are gonna have a Slash wannabe, maybe you should just go back to the real thing. Robin, Bucket, Ron, and even Richard do their own thing.....DJ, not so much. I do think he is a good player though.

its not that hes not doing his own thing...its just the genre that he coems from, he was like this in SixxAM too, he jsut didnt decide to become a hollywood glam metal guitarist...he started out there...he was just a few years late releasing his first effort in 96

Board footer