You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

PaSnow wrote:

Alright gang. It's time for me to rip, shit or bust..  I'll be back in about an hour & a half with mine uploaded. Lemme go print out the lyrics & yeah....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Great vid from Whiskey in the Morning, nice work guys!!!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

This song is pretty challenging for me & my skill level. Originally I wanted to record to my pc mic the guitar, then vocals seperate, and edit them together using some cheapo software I have. But I ran short on time. And what the heck I can try.

I needed the lyrics badly as you can see because when I'd play it I'd just sing the first 2 lines over & over, then chorus. Next time I swear I'm doing some easy Lemonheads song. 16

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

So you chose a song that makes me want to cry? Good job!

Who do we have left to hear from? Neemo and monkeychow, but who else?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm just publishing mine now... my recording equipment consists of a Windows Live Cam and a mid-90s computer mic (brand name Optimus. haha).

EDIT:
I bent the rules a little, and went with a song by a lesser known artist I've tried to get a few of you into in the past.  This is me doing Dan Bern's Jerusalem.

He's a bit of a burn out folk singer, with similarities to Guthrie, Dylan, and early Springsteen.  I urge you to at least check out Jerusalem and Tiger Woods by him.  He's got some serious stuff too, but most of it's pretty funny and/or cutting edge.

P.S. To anyone who spotted the jersey, Habs rule!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ BS I'm getting a message that the video is private & I can't see it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

So you chose a song that makes me want to cry? Good job!

Who do we have left to hear from? Neemo and monkeychow, but who else?

I say we keep it open thru the weekend. Now that a few are up some others might be more willing to join in. I know Jimmy the agent was thinking of doing it, and I recall one or two others, Metallix I think.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ BS I'm getting a message that the video is private & I can't see it.

Sorry about that.  Should work now.  It's the first video I've ever uploaded, so I had no idea what I was doing.  16

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Dude, good job  3   Cool song too. Kinda reminds me of Barenaked Ladies too. I see what your saying about Dylan & Guthrie too though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'LL SEE IF I CANT GET SOEMTHING UP THIS WEEKEND

Board footer