You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Musical Instruments Thread

Mike wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Yeah, that's the truss rod. Was there a special wrench in your case candy?

No, I bought  it used. I guess it requires a different tool that I didn't know of to adjust it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I have an old VHS of me singing Patience and playing keyboards to Once Bitten Twice Shy from a talent show in high school.  If I can figure out how to get it digital, can I just post that.  I think that was the peak of my musical ability...at least on tape.  The mullet is a bonus feature...

My mom had a cassette tape of me singing Wizard of Oz songs when I was like 5...that might have been my actual peak.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I play a mean classical alto saxophone.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I found this little clip on the web

That's one nice sounding amp dude! Congrats on the purchase! 9

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Mike wrote:

No, I bought  it used. I guess it requires a different tool that I didn't know of to adjust it.

I'm sorry, I forgot that Gibsons had the hex head on the truss rod. The Gibson adjustment tool looks like a little smoking pipe. It has the socket style wrench on one end, and a philips head on the other.

TheMole wrote:

Been anti-tube snobbery all my life

Hey fuck you! I'm a tube snob!:D

Those Egnaters are bad asses. The factory is about 45 minutes away from where I live. Bruce Egnater even offers a workshop where you build your own amp from a kit that he provides.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Well guys, picked up my new (to me) guitar yesterday. It's an Ibanez Prestige S1620FBNT. It's got a DiMarzio Evo in the bridge, and a Breed in the neck. I'm taking it in Monday for a setup, and we'll try it out with the band this weekend. It looks like whammy bar tricks may become as frequent as squealies.... sorry Russ...
0417002014.jpg
0417002015.jpg
0417002015a.jpg

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Congrats on the pickup.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote: