You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Gong wrote:
Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

This could do wonders for Axls public image. Taking on Big Industry in
defence of musicians. Like Zappas censorship battle

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

I honestly believe Axl on this 100 percent. No way he releases this album and sits in his fucking house for a year. If that were the case, he never would've released it in the the first place. I think he was promised certain things and those things were not delivered.

Actually, Axl released an album and sat in his house.  You can't give him a pass on this one.  One fact that is indisputable in all of this is that Axl himself did nothing to promote his album.  Whether someone else failed to deliver on a promise is irrelevant.  None of that stops Axl from doing his own work to promote it.  Nothing other than Axl that is.

That is true, but it seems to me that it's painfully clear that Axl didn't want to do a single thing to help push this album and put any additional money in the pockets of Universal or Azoff because of the way he was treated and how things were handled.

It's a lot deeper than Axl not caring about the music and just wanting to avoid the spotlight.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Have to say, Axlin had this reunion angle pegged from the start and a lot of people here said he was wrong... Except me big_smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Have to say, Axlin had this reunion angle pegged from the start and a lot of people here said he was wrong... Except me big_smile

Yeah, a lot of people were saying that.  Axlin was certainly one of the most vocal.  I just didn't think Axl himself would go for a reunion and was hoping he could get that point across to Azoff.  Apparently that didn't have a chance in hell of happening and things were crazier than we could've ever imagined.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Actually, I think those who said Axl would not do a reunion are the ones who had it pegged. He ain't, won't and shouldn't unless he wants to.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, but I was talking about, not just from the outset or Azoff's lawsuit, but when also when Azoff was canned like five times that his whole interest was about getting a reunion and that was the reason Axl fired him.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

I honestly believe Axl on this 100 percent. No way he releases this album and sits in his fucking house for a year. If that were the case, he never would've released it in the the first place. I think he was promised certain things and those things were not delivered.

Actually, Axl released an album and sat in his house.  You can't give him a pass on this one.  One fact that is indisputable in all of this is that Axl himself did nothing to promote his album.  Whether someone else failed to deliver on a promise is irrelevant.  None of that stops Axl from doing his own work to promote it.  Nothing other than Axl that is.

That is true, but it seems to me that it's painfully clear that Axl didn't want to do a single thing to help push this album and put any additional money in the pockets of Universal or Azoff because of the way he was treated and how things were handled.

I don't disagree that he got screwed if what he's saying happened indeed happened.  However, it is not the smartest thing to destroy what little brand recognition you have left just to try to prove a point.  This lawsuit should have come at least a year ago, not now.  All the damage was done before the album was released, so why wait until now to go on the offensive and allow your one shot at proving you didn't need the other guys go to hell?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I have to say, just in general, that the time between lawsuits isn't unusual and does happen like that a lot for a number of reasons, with one being that they're building their case and seeing if there will be a settlement or withrawl of the lawsuit. I can guarantee you there have been legal meetings going on since the filing of the lawsuit.

Board footer