You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season

Neemo wrote:

congrats on breaking your cup draught hawks smile makes the leafslongest drought now

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Shucks. 

A. Chicago won.
B> GnRev was down earlier today so I was hoping it'd be down for a few days so I wouldn't have to post.. HA!

Seriously, yeah the goal was f'ed up. Wierd way to end.  I had a creepy feeling when the Flyers were putting pressure on early in OT, sometimes it seems when that happens the other team scores off one or two shots. Uggh. Then when it didn't seem at first it was a goal I was wondering why he was skating so fast down the ice?? A caller into the radio who was there said he thought there was a fight or something, hence the bench clearing. Oh well, Flyers had a tremendous run in the playoffs, and showed major grit & determination. Never gave up. With 10 minutes to go it was obvious they were gassed but suddenly at 5 minutes they had a great gut check. Just fell short. Awesome series. Congrats to Chicago for winning it all.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Flyers surprised me. I expected less. PaSnow I noticed the same thing in the third. They looked beat. I thought it was over then.

Good series. Almost all of the Hawks will be back next year, so I look for them to make noise again.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Flyers surprised me. I expected less. PaSnow I noticed the same thing in the third. They looked beat. I thought it was over then.

Good series.

Agreed.  The Flyers played way better than I thought they would.  There's something to be said for not giving up, and they proved it.  Even though it was 4-2, the series could have just as easily gone the other way.

Congrats to both the Blackhawks and the Flyers.  I'd say both teams did their fans and the NHL proud.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Congrats to Chicago! Probably the first Cup final I've watched where I've been really happy about who won, haha. In years past I've had the occasional lesser-of-two-evils satisfaction (Wings, Aves back in the day) but it was nice to be happy with the winner for once.

Patty Kane! Hometown hero! If the Cup comes through South Buffalo I'll have to get down there and see it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Patty Kane! Hometown hero! If the Cup comes through South Buffalo I'll have to get down there and see it.

I believe he said it will...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah Kane said he's taking it home.

On a related note I touched the Stanley Cup tonight. Fuck yeah. The Hawks were partying at a bar down from our office and we went down and saw it, touched it, smelled the alcohol. Truly a beautiful thing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WOW! That's super cool Bri.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Board footer