You are not logged in. Please register or login.

SoleDoubt
 Rep: 0 

Re: Civil War Demo?

SoleDoubt wrote:

I posted on YouTube a rough demo of Civil War using a track that claims to be a demo of the song from the 80's. Not sure if the music track is authentic but if so I couldn't resist adding the vocals :-P

PS The vocals are just me. The title "South Alabama Men" was used to make it easy to find since I have two karaoke videos that someone else posted under the same title. I also added the "Cool Hand Luke" bit from a movie soundbite.

SoleDoubt

SoleDoubt wrote:

36 views no comments... oh well I guess that's better than 10 posts that say "Dude, this sux!" lol

Seriously, opinions are welcome.

SoleDoubt

SoleDoubt wrote:

Hate to keep repeating myself but can anyone confirm whether or not the music is authentic GnR?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

The solos sound authentic to me, and that's probably the best part to make a judgment on.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think it is, though it's hard to say for sure.  The recording is so rough, but it seems to me that some of the things that I listen for that are somewhat signature Slash things are missing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Are you singing the heavy parts, that does kind of sound like Axl... The guitars do sound like Slash to my ears....  But it could be a cover band trying to sound like Slash as well...  What part of Alabama you from?  The wah tone sounds just a tad off, but not sure....  This very well could be a demo, either way, sounds cool to me!  Such a great song!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

There was a guy on youtube who posted several GnR demos & pu t "1986" for all of them.  But people debunked it that some songs were not truly written/demoed back then.  I think he just put 1986 for a blanket date, since some he had (Rocket Queen, SCOM, PC) were from then, others likely were not.

I'm not sure this is the track. I thought his did have vocals.  The drums sound similar though(badly generic), so myb.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Also, your vocals aren't that bad.  COuld almost pull this off for an authentic demo. Almost. How'd you record them?  Do you sing, have equipment?

SoleDoubt

SoleDoubt wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Are you singing the heavy parts, that does kind of sound like Axl... The guitars do sound like Slash to my ears....  But it could be a cover band trying to sound like Slash as well...  What part of Alabama you from?  The wah tone sounds just a tad off, but not sure....  This very well could be a demo, either way, sounds cool to me!  Such a great song!

Yeah all the vocals are me, using a Samson C01U USB mic and Audacity.

I recorded two passes, one with clean vocals one with the dirty higher range ones. Didn't really work on it more than that other than adding a bit of reverb and evening out some volume.

As for it sounding like Axl, thanks man :-)

SoleDoubt

SoleDoubt wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Also, your vocals aren't that bad.  COuld almost pull this off for an authentic demo. Almost. How'd you record them?  Do you sing, have equipment?

See the above post :-P

I wasn't really going for perfection on the vocals, hadn't warmed up or anything just kinda threw them on there.

Just for laughs, here's me doing GnR Karaoke with a guy I know :-)

I'm the bald guy tongue

I was pretty drunk....

Board footer