You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

mickronson wrote:

Dont you consider Better to be a rocker?  Or IRS?  Shacklers is way way way behind my list of 'rockers'
Personally I`d prefer OMG on the album, its far superior as far as 'rockers' go...
I only listen to like 3 songs as it is on the album now anyway, and the 4th would be OMG but I have to navigate to the demos folder to play it smile

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Completely incorrect, at least in my case.  He did not fit the band musically at all.

Well I think he did. End of story, case closed, no point discussing it further.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I guess the difference for me is, I have loved AFD,Lies,UYI's for over 20 years whereas with CD, i loved it for about 6 months and now every once in awhile wil listen to may 3 or 4 songs.... in 20 more years ill still be listening to AFD and UYI..

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I am just listening to my ipod and on comes this song called Better and I`m thinking this sounds more awesome than I remember......it was the demo

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

Completely incorrect, at least in my case.  He did not fit the band musically at all.

Well I think he did. End of story, case closed, no point discussing it further.

Well, I guess he fit in with the freak show.  If you considered that to be GnR, then I can see how you feel that way.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I am just listening to my ipod and on comes this song called Better and I`m thinking this sounds more awesome than I remember......it was the demo

I don't have the demos any more. Is there anyway I can get a hold of it?

Sky Dog wrote:

just re-lived both UYI's, the best of those blows away anything on Chinese. Coma, Locomotive, Estranged.....Axl can't top those.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

UYI is an absolute pain to get through for me. I can't even listen to the album(s) anymore, just a best of tracks I made off them. Estranged is the best song on there.

Chinese Democracy is a vastly superior overall album, imo. UYI's few great songs can't make up for the rest of the album(s) material. If it weren't for Estranged, NR, Coma, Locomotive, UYI would be a total disaster.  Civil War and Yesterdays are good songs, but not great.

CD is the GNR album I listen to most. AFD is second, but I haven't listened to it in forever. There's not a song I skip on CD. I can't even say that for AFD.

Shackler's is a good song. I like it more and more as time goes by. When I listen to the vocal track, the bass track and the drum track seperately, it shows what a killer song it could have been. Would love to hear Buchethead's version, when it was probably less cluttered.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think all the albums are flawed... "Shacker's Revenge", "Scraped" shouldn't be there, "Catcher In The Rye" is a painfuly bad compared to what's it's supposed to be.

..But the other tracks range from good to brilliant for me. A 17yrs later "Use Your Illusion 3" is what the album is.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

theres no such thing as a perfect album, they have good-awsome and downright shit songs eg bad obbsession.  on cd i think rhiad and scraped are the weakest but scrapped live sounds killer. different tastes for differnt people i guess cant force someone to like it, which i have tried before lol

Board footer