You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

buzzsaw wrote:

I know Axl is GnR and a lot of GnR things continually get fucked up.  Do I really need to know anything else?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, it would help if you actually read what I said. I wasn't defending anyone, or anything in GNR. This all started because I didn't think it was a hacked twitter post was a big deal. Because it's not. 

You're doing the same thing you're bitching about. Constantly. For years. You guys don't care, but you're still bitching about them.

Hilarious that those who are actually seeing this thing for what it is are overreacting

That's the thing Bono, it's just your opinion that you KNOW what's REALLY going on, dude. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not fact. No one was eating up excuses. I, and a few others, thought it was stupid to get bent out of shape over this. GNR gave an explanation. You can either choose to believe it or not. I have no desire to read into it anymore than that. Again, you can believe what you want.

And those of us who aren't reacting the way you guys want us to, aren't even defending GNR... They said the account was hacked. Fine. End of story. It has no other meaning for me. If it does to you, if its that important to you, then knock yourself out.

misterID wrote:

Russ, that was not aimed at you. I was talking about the guys stroking each other off in this thread, turning the forum into a big circle jerk.

I'm not taking up for Axl, GNR, or anyone else in the band.

I think its pretty disrespectful of FORUM USERS HERE telling others that there's something wrong with them if they don't think their stupid ass assumptions are right that there is some vast conspiracy about Axl's twitter, on top of the concert promoter taking up for Axl conspiracy.

Say whatever you want. If anyone wants to be the old guy on his lawn, fine. I don't care. Just try an have some respect for the other forum users here.

Ummm.... in my opinion it's cut and dry how this is going. Axl uses fans like yourself MisterID as doormats. There's fans like yourself who give the benefit of the doubt endless amounts of times. I don't understand that. Yes Axl is just a  muscician and means nothing in my day to day life but do you accept people in your day to day life burning, lieling and to be honest disrespecting you constantly? And if you say Gn'R/Axl hasn't burnt it's fans then holy shit you're in denial. At some point you have got to call a spade a spade and thats' what so many on this fourm have done and are now doing. Nobody says stop following it just be honest with it. If pointing out what for many of us seems to be the flat out obvious, is a circle jerk well then I guess that's what we're doing. I find it mind blowing there are fans who still say "let's wait and see" and "I'll give them the benefit of the doubt". Why on earth do you feel  Axl or the Gn'R camp deserve anything of the sort anymore? Honestly?

Like Russ said none of us think it's a conspiracy. It's Axl who thinks it's a conspiracy. he's got it so much easier than so many people yet in his mind he's got it the hardest of anyone. Everything in Gn'R land is so much more complicated  which is complete and utter bullshit.

The actual Gn'R side of it isn't what amuses me anymore. Its' how many fans still follow blindly without aknowledgeing how god damn smug and arrogant they are towards their fans. I find it funny that they release a statement and saying his account was hacked and some fans still take it as gospel while others clearly see through the bullshit.  Two extremely different opinions  but from this side of the fence it's unbeleiveable how some still share your view MisterID. i dont' understand it at all.

buzzsaw wrote:

I know Axl is GnR and a lot of GnR things continually get fucked up.  Do I really need to know anything else?

Exactly. Cut and dry. But then Axl spews the excuses and some fans are like "Good enough for me" Like holy shit really? I don't get that. It's like the poor girl who gets cheated on over and over again and refuses to even admit it's happening.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, point out how I'm being used as a doormat again?

You don't have to be a doormat because you don't see EVERY SINGLE THING as a lie or conspiracy.

You're acting like I never call him out on his bullshit, which is not true. And I would think after all this time here, you'd know that about me.

I have just as much patience for overly cynical people who constantly bitch about the same shit, over and over, and can't stand it when others don't share their point of view. Like calling me a doormat. A Blind follower....

I hate my brother in law. You know what I hate worst? When people constantly bitch about him. Yes, you have points. Don't belabor them. I hate him. But I don't need to hear how much you hate him over and over again.

Not taking up for Axl, haven't been though this whole thing.

Not following blindly. Haven't been through this whole thing.

You choose to "see through it." It doesn't make either one of us more right than the other. You think he's lying, fine. Go ahead.

It's just not that important to me as it is you, obviously.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What happened didn't/doesn't/never will affect me in any way. Don't care what happened. If I wasn't online at the time, I never would have known it.

What does that make me? Disinterested. Have been for some time.

That said, I gotta say, you all are blowing this up into something astronomical. Sorry it's got you all worked up. I didn't think people still cared so much. I know I don't.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

What's funny is I don't care at all.  I've stated why I continue to post here in the past so no need to rehash that. the fact is I come on here to have conversations with good people about something that is slightly interesting. It beats hanging out on a  Radiohead site and I love Radiohead. fact is the secodn I logout I don't give two shits but since this is the topic at hand on this paticular board I think I'll discuss it. Doesn't mean I sit at home and stew over it cause to be honest it means nothing to me.  If anyone for one secodn thnks this shit affects me in anyway in my personal life your'e sadly mistaken.  Fact is after August 29th you likely won't see me online again for about 6 months since I'll be travelling(following a band that's productive tongue I had to)

Anyways I don't think any of this shit effects anyone here in their personal life.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think people who don't care about gnr but hang out on a gnr board for the sake of the other posters, should be able to post consistently without accusing others of this and that, arguing, and name calling.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Can't we all just get along?

Obviously not.

The fanbase has been divided for YEARS and day by day more and more converts are joining the anti-Axl regime.  It's quite clear they're losing fans at a rapid rate and not gaining many, if any, new ones. 

However, I'm with misterID.  If you hate Axl, you hate how the band is run.  That's fine.  But I get sick of people telling me how I should feel and how things really are and that they are right and how I'm insane for drinking the kool-aid.  That's MY choice, so give it a rest.  I see what a fiasco this all is.  It's been that way for 10+ years now.  Some have had enough.  Me, I say, I've come this far, why jump ship now?  I still love the music, both new and old and I'd love to see a live show somewhere down the line.

I know I'm part of a dying breed as a faithful GNR fan but that's just the way it is.  I'll continue to be a doormat, and proud of it.  You can me tell how wrong that is till you're blue in the face.  It won't change a thing.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

we're all here at the same capacity and noone is putting any money in axl's pocket by posting here. y this turned in to a axl nutswingers vs. "realists" thread is beyond me. why people are being called door mats is beyond me. 

i don't think anyone is denying that axl treats his fans like crap. he has done so since the early 90's. some people just don't care.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Can't we all just get along?

Obviously not.

The fanbase has been divided for YEARS and day by day more and more converts are joining the anti-Axl regime.  It's quite clear they're losing fans at a rapid rate and not gaining many, if any, new ones. 

However, I'm with misterID.  If you hate Axl, you hate how the band is run.  That's fine.  But I get sick of people telling me how I should feel and how things really are and that they are right and how I'm insane for drinking the kool-aid.  That's MY choice, so give it a rest.  I see what a fiasco this all is.  It's been that way for 10+ years now.  Some have had enough.  Me, I say, I've come this far, why jump ship now?  I still love the music, both new and old and I'd love to see a live show somewhere down the line.

I know I'm part of a dying breed as a faithful GNR fan but that's just the way it is.  I'll continue to be a doormat, and proud of it.  You can me tell how wrong that is till you're blue in the face.  It won't change a thing.

"Seems to me you're wasting your own goddamn time though" - W. Axl Rose

And I just want to add to that I have TONS of respect for everyone here. Completely. Any anger, over the top behavior is not an agenda, it's just anger directed towards Axl and his mistreatment of fans, whom I like to see as friends, and all i'm trying to do is help.

All of you guys, even the ones who still go out to shows, deserve better than what you get. Your underappreciated, and underloved.

Board footer