You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

faldor wrote:

I drafted Ricky Williams in my other draft.  I had him last year and he was quite good for me, so I decided to roll the dice again.  I figure the Dolphins offense will be even better this year so he should do okay.  How's he looking so far misterID?  Can I slate him for a week 1 start at my flex position?  It's either Ricky or Percy Harvin.  How are those migraines doing?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

This is actually a very tricky question.  My first instinct would be to go for Harvin since it looks like he's gotten his migraine issues solved.  However, with Favre now getting ankle injections thats another factor you have to consider.  It depends how the rest of your roster is.  I believe Harvin still has value on Kickoff returns though.

Is anyone concerned about the Cowboys Defense?  They're my starting D and I really don't feel comfortable with them at all.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I have the Cowboys defense on one team as well.  I haven't heard too much about them, but I'll roll with them early on and reassess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Okay, I'll post this again:

Ricky is a good choice, but with Brandon Marshall on the team they'll probably air it out a whole lot more so Ricky's numbers will probably be down this year.

Percy will be Favre's #1 target with Rice out. I heard the VIKES are trying to make a trade for Vincent Jackson, but for right now, I'd go with Percy over Ricky.

The rumor is all the teams are going to be blitzing the hell out of Favre and keeping everyone up at the line for run defense. That's what they did last year too. And Favre ate them up.

And I stayed away from the Cowboys completely on my draft.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Didn't the Vikes pick up Javon Walker?  He might be a guy to keep an eye one, although he hasn't been good for a few years.  Anyway, took Adrian Peterson with pick 1.2 and hope that he has a big year. 

The Vikings lost another CB today.  Chris Cook out for two weeks.  Makes starting Robert Meachem a good proposition. 

I'll stick with the Cowboys D for at least week one as they play the Redskins in what should be a low scoring game. 

I'm actually kinda worried about Cutler.  He's my backup QB but fuck that Bears oline has been awful. 9 sacks in two halves.  Ugh.

BTW, Carolina hasn't scored a td in preseason in 42 offensive posessions.

How the heck did this league get 25 TE's taken again?  That's pretty incredible.

Oh and Neemo, Derrick Ward got released today.  Time to go waiver wire hunting.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha already have done

faldor

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Didn't the Vikes pick up Javon Walker?  He might be a guy to keep an eye one, although he hasn't been good for a few years.  Anyway, took Adrian Peterson with pick 1.2 and hope that he has a big year. 

The Vikings lost another CB today.  Chris Cook out for two weeks.  Makes starting Robert Meachem a good proposition. 

I'll stick with the Cowboys D for at least week one as they play the Redskins in what should be a low scoring game. 

I'm actually kinda worried about Cutler.  He's my backup QB but fuck that Bears oline has been awful. 9 sacks in two halves.  Ugh.

BTW, Carolina hasn't scored a td in preseason in 42 offensive posessions.

How the heck did this league get 25 TE's taken again?  That's pretty incredible.

Oh and Neemo, Derrick Ward got released today.  Time to go waiver wire hunting.

I thought Javon Walker would be alright when he was in Oakland but he was awful.  Then again being awful and playing in Oakland go hand in hand these days, so maybe a change of scenery to a good team will help.

I had Cutler as a backup last year and he was just plain bad.  I had to drop him halfway through the season.  I didn't even draft a backup QB in either of my leagues.  Figure I could just find someone to plug in on the bye week.  Don't think I'll be sitting Romo or Brady much anyway. 

I saw that about the Carolina offense today.  Doesn't bode well for my pick of Jonathan Stewart in my other league.  How the heck could their offense be worse than it was last year with Delhomme?  I guess we'll find out.  You can't put too much stock into pre-season stats, but that's certainly not a good one.

25 TE's is amazing.  Like I said, it's gotta be a record.  A lot of teams autodrafted a backup TE, I think the CPU tries to get you a backup at every spot.  And maybe some live drafters did so as well.  I just find no reason to draft 2 TE's.  I barely drafted one, after the list got so depleted.  I'm pretty much throwing in the towel on that position.  Hopefully the rest of my squad can make up for it.  I wouldn't mind taking a stab at one of the Patriots rookie TE's.  They have both looked real good in the pre-season.  But the Pats just don't throw to the TE, with Moss and Welker on the field.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i only drafted one....albiet it was witten....i also have Marion Barber and Tony Romo...so i hope the Cowboy SEntiments from you guys are exagerated 18

faldor

faldor wrote:

Looks like I exaggerated a LITTLE.  There weren't 25 TE's taken, there were 20.  I was looking at the list of TE's taken and it CAN list up to 25, but only 25 were taken, so that's where the confusion came in.  Stil WAY too many TE's drafted, that doesn't change.

I think the Cowboys will be alright.  Especially on offense, they have way too many weapons.  And I think their defense will be fine.  They got off to a slow start last year but rounded into form.  They get their fair share of sacks, which makes up for the points they may give up.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I had my 3rd, and looks like final, fantasy draft last night.  Overall I'm pretty pleased with my team.  I had the 4th pick and ended up with MJD, as Brees was taken 3rd.  QB's were taken mad early as a result of that, so that's where one of the big question marks with my team lies.  I ended up taking Kevin Kolb after the cream of the crop were all gone.  You never know with a guy who's entering his first year as a starter.  And to top it off I didn't draft a backup, when I probably should've taken a guy like McNabb, who was available late.  Mistake on my part?  There are still SOME guys that went undrafted, Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, V. Young, Cassel, A. Smith, Freeman.  Any thoughts?

Board footer