You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Axl Rose a Marketing Genius?

Backslash wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm gonna guess there are not a lot of geniuses working at heavymetalmusic.biz.

Especially after reading an article that was probably written by a 12 year old (no offense to any young members here, but the article itself was really poor).

If Axl Rose is a marketing genius, then I'm a biochem genius.  Why?  Because I haven't done anything related to biochemisty.  That's the rationale used by those behind this article.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Backslash wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm gonna guess there are not a lot of geniuses working at heavymetalmusic.biz.

Especially after reading an article that was probably written by a 12 year old (no offense to any young members here, but the article itself was really poor).

If Axl Rose is a marketing genius, then I'm a biochem genius.  Why?  Because I haven't done anything related to biochemisty.  That's the rationale used by those behind this article.

100% agreed. It's still early, but that is the most fucktarded article I have read this year...and I'm sure it'll stay near the top all year. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this article made me dumber

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I love this band but they are literally a living punchline.  All the excuses in the world can't justify the length it has taken him to get this album out, ecspecially with some material dating back to at least 1999.  The only thing that lets me think that maybe the album exists is that guys like Ron don't appear to be the types to mis-lead people. 

DTJ hit it on the nail with saying 2006 was the year.  We had the leaks and the Rolling Stone interview.  People were genuinely interested and they had a great tour.  Axl came out and said the album would be released soon into the new year.  People can try to find loop holes in what he said about it not being a promise, but the intent was obviously there to lead us into believing we were on the brink.  He even said he'd let us know if there were any changes.  It's been over a year and we haven't heard dick.  Sebastian Bach using the album as a promotion aide to his record doesn't count. 

I still hope this CD comes out, but there's a certain point when any prudent person would realize they're really just chasing the dragon.  I'll go see GN'R if and when they tour again because I love the music, but I'm tired of going to rehash of AFD because that's what will attract the kiddies.  They play more AFD material now than they did during the Illusion tours.  Doesn't that seem odd to be working backwards.  Anyway, that's the end of my rant.  Axl may be a musical genius, but certainly not a marketing one.

Board footer