You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Please watch this quick guitar video to help me!

monkeychow wrote:

Hey Guys,

Not sure how many of you know this or would care, but I used to be a lawyer and i'm currently doing an applied business degree in music industry stuff, my aim is to get involved behind the scenes in the industry somewhere.

Anyhow, as part of my studies this semester, we're supposed to push a video online in various places on the net, and track the results, and then write up a report analysing where hits came from, if it flowed virally from who to who and so on and generally talk about the role of youtube in the new industry and so on.

Getting to the point, this is a stupid video, but it only goes 30 seconds, and I really need some hits so I can rubbish on about them in an essay, so if anyone wants to do me a favour, or you know, really needs to see some bad video for 30 seconds...please click the link and watch....I'd love it.

or if you just want to see a lame video of a Teddy Bear Shredding...click it too please. big_smile

Sorry to spam like this, and thanks so much to anyone who can help by watching! 3

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool. YouTube is the biggest deal in the business today.

There's also a huge generation gap with how it's perceived. You talk to veteran artists, and they threaten to sue if it's put on YouTube. Just the other day I went to ("got stuck") at a show with a John Mayer-like band performing, and the frontman kept begging people to record it with their cells and post it on YouTube and gave them the title of the tracks three different times and requested again to do it.

They're nobodies, but it just goes to show how younger generation artists see YouTube as their life blood for survival.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ha....nice smile

did you really play the guitar there?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Cool. YouTube is the biggest deal in the business today.
There's also a huge generation gap with how it's perceived.

Yeah it's pretty interesting all right. From people i've sourced it seems to be the primary way people sus out new bands almost. I mean if someone recomends you something, you'll prob check it out on youtube first - and then decide if you want to buy it or torrent it or whatever - or maybe that's just me - but even if pirating - i'd be too lazy to go find it without checking youtube first to see if i'd like it wink

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ha....nice smile

did you really play the guitar there?

I wish I could claim that one, but it's actually a sample. I'm told it's from the studio version but I'm not sure could be cover.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^yeah....cuz i was gonna say that is almost exactly the same as the album version and if you can play like that then you kick serious ass!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ haha..yeah sadly i'm not that good!!!

But as a hobby I am working on an album that I wanna get out there one day.

It's fast turning into my own chinese democracy..cos I wrote most of the songs ages ago but it takes me forever to record them as I get the free time, and pinch together enough cash while back at uni to pay a session drummer and stuff. But i'm starting to be happy with the results.

Just struggling with the singer issue - I have a mate who sings some of them great - he's a bit like Scott's voice, but I also have other songs that needs something more Axl/Baz like and it's hard to find guys with chops like that.

Anyways...eventually i'll finish it, get it pro mixed and mastered and subject you all to spam from it wink

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I'm linking this on my facebook to make your project a little more interesting

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

I'm linking this on my facebook to make your project a little more interesting

Thanks so much big_smile That will be awesome...i'm going to be struggling to ramble on as I'm not an expert in the whole spred stuff viraly thing - so any form of linking/watching/passing it on will mean heaps to me! thanks!

Board footer