You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: London, England – October 14th, 2010 (O2 Arena)

DCK wrote:
madagas wrote:
Neemo wrote:

russ...and any other DJ skeptics...watch KOHD and tell me that DJ isnt awesome..and tell me that he dumbs down things

and listen to ronn let loose at the end!

Duff and Tommy are havin a blast sharin the mic!

yep....cool as hell. Of course, no one here will give Tommy credit...I'll say it again, the only guy in the new band who has the chops and charisma to go toe to toe with the old band is Tommy.

I give Tommy credit because Tommy is the king.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Although this was only one show, I will admit that Duff seemed to have tons more chemistry with the band, especially Tommy, than Izzy in 2006. Izzy seemed to stay close to Axl in 2006. The two of them seemed seperate from the rest.

I think he knows Ron quite well and I don't doubt for a second Tommys been on the phone to him.

Izzy will never join. He's doing his own thing, he doesn't like it any more now than before. He did the 2006 thing because he wanted to THEN. He will never join up 100%.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Although this was only one show, I will admit that Duff seemed to have tons more chemistry with the band, especially Tommy, than Izzy in 2006. Izzy seemed to stay close to Axl in 2006. The two of them seemed seperate from the rest.

I think he knows Ron quite well and I don't doubt for a second Tommys been on the phone to him.

Izzy will never join. He's doing his own thing, he doesn't like it any more now than before. He did the 2006 thing because he wanted to THEN. He will never join up 100%.

Yeah, even if Axl were to magically reconcile with Slash and suggest a reunion, Izzy's involvement would be tricky. More likely you'd end up with Fortus filling in for him, and if you're going to do that you might as well have Bumble in there too. And, hell, Frank too. Because Matt's a tool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Seeing as we've broken into fantasy land....

Just chuck bumble in as Izzy, slash could let him shred out the shacker's solos and the other bucket parts that are different style to what he does.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Bumble and Steven baby.....cos fuck it...if hell freezes over and slash gets up there with axl again...for the love of god someone has to give steven his moment in the sun and let him have a crack at it with them.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i figure the only way to make it fair for all involved is to just have everyon e who ever played a live show in gnr since appetite to be there

Keyboards: Dizzy, Andredeas, Pitman
Drums: Adler, Sorum, Brain, Frank
Bass: McKagan, Stinson
Guitar: Izzy, Slash, Gilby, Huge, Bucket, Finck, Fortus, Bumble, Ashba
Vocals: Axl

might as well get tracy and roberta and the 976 horns back as well

that'd be a big fuckin stage!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with Russ, except I think Richard & DJ would be sent home in favor of Tommy & Duff staying.

Tommy would continue playing bass and Duff would take over on rhythm guitar.

I think the reunion would be:

Axl
Slash
Ron
Duff (on rhythm)
Tommy (on bass)
Frank
Dizzy
Chris

Izzy would occasionally guest on rhythm and Steven on drums. Gilby, Matt & Teddy wouldn't even be called.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I personally think Ron would be sent home before DJ. For the simple reason that he is too Good.

When I saw GNR it was pretty obvious that they only needed Ron.

No Rich no DJ

Just Ron

He can play all their parts at the same time on his own

No way would Slash get on stage with a guy who renders him obsolete

Not obsolete in terms of creativity and playing style, because slash is slash

but in terms of the fact that Ron can recreate any of slash's parts and at the same time Dj's and Richard's too

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good points. And alot of people have to realize Axl holds all the cards, always. He has no problem selling shows internationally, and if he decides he wants Ron to take the reigns on a reunion-directed GN'R, it's his call to make. Who's gonna stop him? No one.

Board footer