You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Whiskey In The Morning (more free downloads)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^ ive downloaded the first file and ran thru 3 songs so far.
cool to see the green day cover!

What are you wanting? honest opinions?  how we recieve the songs?  i have a few thoughts some good some bad and some advice.

Im by no means a pro or even play in a band setting anymore.

so tell me ...what  are you looking for? how live is this? one off? songs in a bar or are you all in a room with a few friends? how many piece band? The drummer is obviously pushing you guys into these songs. how long have yall played together?

Sounds like the drummer  beating a small kit and sticks out like a sore thumb on all 3 tracks. Vocals have hit more notes and changes than I expected, only missing a few here and there. I was almost feeling the DLR in pretty woman. runnin down a dream was runnin what may have been 2 guitars? tho the strumming and I assume a picking lead? I enjoyed the solo. Turn up the volume on your pedal when its time for the lead to shine! that green day song is always fun in a live setting. Its bass driven imo. In a live setting you gotta hear leads and whatever drives a song shine with attitude /sound/ volume.  Kudos to the singer for talking to the crowd. If the crowd is into it the band has more confidence. and energy happens. Wow I feel like an asshole giving this review of sotrs.

Its eazy to  judge others based on personal experience and on known songs. Do you guys have anything written?  kudos to you for having the balls to post and provide such a download in an open faceless forum like this!

So who does what in the band? What does russtcb do here? how bout dr love? any other forum members involved?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The drummer's actually on a 5 piece kit, I just think it was an acoustics issue with the camcorder. Russ does rhythm on a few songs (such as Running Down a Dream.) I think the only reason the lead on that was buried was because the camcorder was setup on the right side of the stage, which is where Russ' amp is. I have a DR, so I don't use a pedal for my lead channel, so there's nothing to crank! On the songs where I'm the only guitar, which is the bulk of them, I don't have to compete with another guitar for volume.

We don't have anything written at the moment, but we've discussed it and none of us are opposed to writing a couple originals to sneak in. The fact of the matter is we're a three-set bar band, as we decided we wanted to have fun, but still make money. As all of us can attest to from past experiences, there's no money in originals.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

I dont know how you guys talk music. so imma just kinda put it out there and hope u can feel me =S

Part 1:
Running Down A Dream (Tom Petty)
  Vocal:TP suits you. Good job. Petty tunes are very mono tone until song changes. Its important to hit the changes in key and with the energy of the band behind you. Your mic needs to be a little higher in the mix.

Guitar: The main hammer on pull off riff carry the tune. Turn it up! use it to hit the crowd and see if they know the song as an intro over drum stick count in similar to WTTJ intro live. I cant tell if your using 2 guitars during strum parts. It kind of runs together. The single strum needs to be a little more crisp behind the vocal

Solo: Good solo work. Do you boost up for solos? you should..or turn it up.
the song looses energy after the solo like the band felt they had to finish the piece of music before the end. Finish it after the solo! keep the energy. the way you wond the song down was good!

Bass: Done its job from what i could hear.

Drum: Add to the kit  diversity is a virtue  some of the single Cymbals splashes could have been 3 back to back :33, 1:31 ish but 1:37 bit was nice he could have expanded on what he started there wating on the vocal part.

Vibe:Cool cover. Felt good. good to help catch a buzz

Save Me, San Francisco (Train)
skipped sorry not my thing

Pretty Woman (Van Halen!)
Vocal: Talkin to the crowd is key!! Anything to get them involved.Karma. DLR it up a little! you hit some DLR Highs and some Roy lows, This song can be flirty and confident.

Guitar: good job on intro! EVH makes the song bounce im unshure how to communicate this: the build up riff before the wah. let your notes ring. more amp! chorus? pump up your mid(make it ecco). It should feel like a confident strut on the fret just before the wah crash. :45ish- vocals & 3:45ish till end

Bass:Cool to use bass/drum intro w/ crowd !

Drum: Worked, nice finish.

Vibe:you guys  pumped me up in the start to hear some VH even the wooh! feels like you You switched to RO and lost energy. (thats ez to do mid song missing a solo

When I Come Around (Green Day)
Vocal: your voice is suited for GD but for most of the song you sound bored and off key close but no. Are the pinch harmonics throwing you off? I use to make my guys play recorded song tempo while I had the original song into an ear bud on  until I got comfy with a song(only works for pratice)

Vibe: OH shit pinch! way to go dr love! Killer live song the band nailed it ! karma for the guitar and drum!!! 9
Are You Gonna Go My Way (Lenny Kravitz)
Vocal: Nailed the first verse. Good job. Take a second to enjoy the clap @ the end. soak it in thats the payoff.
Guitar:FUCK! you nailed it up till the bass standout 2:25ish and everything before. then the solo lost tempo idonno whats goin on # ? the band did not recoverr til the end of the solo. It sounds like you knew the solo *shrug*

Bass: good job over all see below.

Drum:! Your rocked it for the most part. Your sound and kit matches these types of songs. the flair @3:19 is a nice touch. You have to keep tempo the guitar loss cant throw you off. If someone grabs the guitarists dick and he looses concentration your still the backbone. let him fail keep the song on. He tried to recover. If I were in his shoes I would have been lost without the beat.

Vibe: Awesome vibe. you guys were rockin out over all!

Harder To Breathe (Maroon 5)
            skipped
It's My Life (Bon Jovi)(I hate this song in orignal form)
Vocal: I stayed til :14 your voice fits Johns songs.
          skipped
I Want You To Want Me (Cheap Trick)
        skipped
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong (Spin Doctors)what a fun song.
Vocal: Cant make out.
Guitar: Speed up the intro. ohh your comfy with this song big_smile
Lead lead mix did not match rest of song imho.
Bass: fits
Drum:Good work
Vibe: Would  work if I was drunk. the guitar player seems comfy dancing around some high pitch licks on this song. Use that energy and  the songs basic structure to write something together!

Under Pressure (Queen) BASS!  im excited to hear this song!
Vocal: The guitar cords are over the vocal
Guitar:
Lead
Bass: Awesome! You need boost on this song. nice intro/outro!
Drum:
Vibe: im unshure what I heard after 2:00 my best guess would be some vanilla ice? 16

Creep (Radiohead)
Vocal: low in the mix.your voice fits this song. Nice way to hold the notes!
Guitar: worked muddy to high in the mix.
Lead
Bass: fit
Drum: fit
Vibe: Hard song to pull off live because of the mood
   Last Kiss (Pearl Jam)
Vocal: Im impressed!

Guitar: drop the solo and let the singer shine till he rests. Good job on stand alone solo! nice slashesq lean on some of the notes. really tho let the singer shine here hes awesome on this song. once he rests pick up and let us have that solo would be nice to hear you expand on it.

Bass: Goods!
Drum:Goods!

Vibe:WOW ! best yet! More PJ pleaze! the both of you could really make something out of this. I would like to get a better mix of this song from you. This should be set in stone in your setlist!

Mary Jane's Last Dance (Tom Petty)
Vocal:Its hard not to rap this song isnt it? it seems the drummer had to slow down 2 times for you. you have the voice for tom petty! sing it brother!

Guitar: thats such a groovy riff!
Lead nice!
Bass: keep groovin !
Drum:Nailed it !
Vibe: Imma grab my jimbeam now. I was swaying along at the door.

(careless whisper/wasted chance)

Vibe: Imma skip this one. keep workin on it. This song means alot to me being one of the few recent songs that I actually know. The original guitar is so stand out it made me give it a try.

Everlong (Foo Fighters) Hard song to pull off.
   Vocal:to  low in mix. sounds good so far. (sounds slow?)
Guitar: muffled (sounds fast?) sounds like you got the chops for it.
Bass: cant hear you

Drum:Im Impressed stand out! need to get everyone else to your level on this song. I take it you have been playing it along time or you really dig this song. you need to put some of this confidence in your drumming on previous songs.
Vibe: encourage your drummer to show out more often. This would be a good song for him to build a solo off of. This cover does not flow every ones everywhere and the drummer is kickin every ones ass!

Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones)
Vocal: This cover fits! wear it. work on the movement of your voice for gimmie. (give me)
Vibe: started good unexpected slow down.

Break On Through (The Doors) doors really? This should be interesting.
Vocal:Hit and miss Mostly hit especially the deeper parts.
Guitar: good feel
Bass: good intro. This song has a crazy groove Did you feel it?
Drum: good another comfy song for you.
Vibe: you guys sound good taken apart! hope you can find a way to make it flow as a group.

Black Dog (Led Zeppelin) you guys got big balls ..Mahaps you should include that song.

intro: WTF was that?
Vocal: pretty good. Wut improvise!
the band: nailed it! got a bit off at the end. nice  bit at the end.

Ticket To Ride (The Beatles)
  skipped

Hard To Handle (The Black Crowes) SHHH during guitar solos! Thats his spot.
Vocal Good job.  You got the crowd singin!  SHHH during guitar solos! Thats his spot.
Guitar Gud jub!
Drum rockin
Crowd awesome

Are my thoughts coherent? Shall I review the second set?  or would that get me negative Karma?:haha:  wish the rest of the forum would speak up. there has to be people better suited to review something like this.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm gonna try to give it a listen when I get the chance. Might not go for the whole thing, as I really can only compare to the stuff i'm familiar with.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer