You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rolling Stone's Best Singles of 2010

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^^ ohhh yeah I did hear Kid Rock. I did not think it was "complete garbage"  I also didnt think it would be on any sort of top list.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This song and Kid Rock in general is complete garbage.

I was ready to come in here and say just the same thing, but I was surprised to find I liked the song. Nothing special, but much better than I've come to expect from Kid Rock, who, yes, in general is complete garbage.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

[youtube]UEcO1haydyA&feature=related[/youtube]
If ayone says this is pure garbage I will have lost all respect for your opinion on music and what equates to musical talent. Sorry but to generalize all of Kid Rock's music as "pure garbage" is rather dumb.  Especially while you all praise Fuck You roll

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

That's pure garbage. Kid Rock is genre jumper. He couldn't it make it with rap, so he tried his hand with rap-rock, got a little more popular, then blew up with "Only God Knows Why." Two more albums of rap rock, with two more hit ballads. Now he's sticking with what makes him money. The working-class southern rock songs. Please. I'd rather listen to one of those dime-a-dozen rappers that made the list. At least they're honest in what they do. File Kid Rock under "Genre-jumper" with Rascal Flatts and close the drawer.

I'm from Detroit. I remember when Kid Rock had songs like "Balls in your Mouth," and "Pimp of the Nation." The rest of the country didn't know who he was until "Devil Without a Cause."

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to bandwagon, but I thought i'd throw in that I think and have always thought Kid Rock absolutely blows. I was terribly embarrassed when he joined GN'R on stage in 2006 in NYC, and even more embarassed when Slash let the hack cut a track on his solo album.

Ewww

Oh and Bono, that "Times Like These" live performance... hell that's worse than Born Free and Born Free is awful.

russtcb wrote:

Exactly. I call his music pure garbage because I've heard all of it and it's pure garbage. Besides the genre jumping, I don't find anyone who just completely and blatantly rips off what others made popular to be music talented.

Marilyn Manson ain't far behind. At least Rob Zombie sat back and paid homage to guys like Alice Cooper, while carving his own niche. Manson just lifted the whole fuckin' act. Didn't bring one damn thing new to the table.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It seems to only go one way with Kid Rock.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone say, "yeah he's okay".  It's either, love'em or hate'em. 

I fall on the love side.  I have no problem with his genre jumping.  I liked his rap rock, I liked his last album.  I haven't heard his latest and I'm not crazy about "Born Free", but I certainly wouldn't classify it as garbage or a ripoff.  To each his own though.  It's not the first time I've heard people bag on Kid Rock and it certainly won't be the last.  Some of my closest friends do it all the time. 

I haven't seen him live but I heard he puts on a GREAT show, he's good to his fans and likes to keep ticket prices low to his shows.  He doesn't seem all that evil to me.

Board footer