You are not logged in. Please register or login.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Close this thread, just bitchslap talking and drama queens no leaks

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i can understand their anger, i'm just saying that by their own admission they shouldn't have anything to fear in these 'documents' MSL is holding (if they've been as honest and forthright as they've always maintained).. in a sense it could work in their favour, maybe the emails n shit show them to be a bunch of kittens, a big happy family of cuddly loving naive kittens..

it is a violation of privacy, no doubt about it. BUT if things come out that bring new facts and information to light, that represent Axl/GnR as the heroes who souls are being torn down by the corrupt and malignant, & we no reason to believe the documents shouldn't (if we're to believe Axl/GnR/ASSociates that is) then why should they stress too much about it..

I don't really see how any of the personal documents could make the band look good.  I mean, people are going to read into things and make them look the way they want, the way they always do.  They're just words.  Some will paint Axl as an innocent angel, others will paint him as the devil.  It's the same story over and over again.  I can't imagine any of these documents bringing peace and harmony to the GNR forums all across the land.

Axl, and others have tried to explain certain situations and defend themselves before.  Some believe and accepted what they were told.  Others called bullshit.  Again, the same thing would happen here.  So I don't see how this can do anything but harm the band in the long run.

And no, it won't mean the end of the band as we know it.  But it certainly isn't going to help their cause.  In fact, I see this slowing down what is already an extremely slow moving band.  And if it doesn't, it'll be more going through the motions.  Why push forth and give maximum effort when it seems like a lot of your fans are against you?  I mean, it's one thing to complain about the lack of 21 or bucket but when you get into personal shit like this, it's an entirely different animal.

Sky Dog wrote:
Communist China wrote:
johndivney wrote:

if axl n gnr are such victims of circumstance & conspiracies as they claim then there shouldn't be much in the emails that they don't want people to see. if axl's really as genial & innocent as he makes out they should have nothing to worry about frankly..

Now this I take issue with. The idea that privacy is only for those with something to hide is ludicrous. We all have an equal right to be secure in our persons and our papers. The emails I've sent from my school account have nothing juicy or damaging in them, but I still would be pissed beyond belief if they were published, since it's a crime to do so and a massive violation of my privacy. Similarly, if a cop asked to search my car or my home, I'd politely refuse, and that is not evidence of guilt of anything, it is simply my right and my choice as an individual and citizen with dignity.

I can definitely understand the anger GNR and Axl would have over this, and it's perhaps the worst part of me that's eager to see what MSL's got.

wow...nice post.:)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

^^^so does everyone else, even if they deny it.  Why else would there be 180+ pages/165,000 views on the subject (@mygnr) in about 4 days?

tbh id be surprised if 1,000 different people total have looked at that thread

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Neemo wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

^^^so does everyone else, even if they deny it.  Why else would there be 180+ pages/165,000 views on the subject (@mygnr) in about 4 days?

I'm not sure I'm technically correct here, but if only 60-100 rabid forum junkies 'refreshed' over and over again most of those 180+ pages, you'll get thousands n' thousands of registered views, right?

This site have 2-3000 registered users and mygnr prolly has way more. So to say that "everyone cares" about this, is a bit of a miss.

At this stage of the soapopera, very few people care about it.
But if the next few days actually proves that "Hacksaw Jim Duggan" do have som juicy dirt that could potentially hurt Axl/GNR, just imagine all the different disgruntled people in the musicpress/promoters etc etc that would be all over this stuff...
What postive outcome could there possibly be to that? We all now that Axl has acted like a douch to a lot of people (incl. fans!) on numerous occasions.

Or maybe Feb.2 comes around and nothing happens. Then MSL comes crawling back to the forums saying: "Sorry guys! I tried to hoax my way to some hoarded unheard songs. Sorry for stringing you guys along but this is an option I had to try! I did it all for us, the fans!!!"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

If he does that, he's dead to the community. There's only one right answer he can have, and that's either juicy dirt or leaks. He's propped himself up WAY too high.

This is definitely an "all in" poker hand. He either walks away a bigger legend than before, or falls from grace.

In forum terms, or course. Only we give a shit.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

^^

If he does that, he's dead to the community. There's only one right answer he can have, and that's either juicy dirt or leaks. He's propped himself up WAY too high.

This is definitely an "all in" poker hand.

So you think it's completely impossible that he actually has jack shit of either?

I mean all the activity on the boards lately really shows that we are all fascinated by the fact that we will get some "news" in one form or another in the next few days. And MSL rounded his video off with a very direct "hand-out" to hoarders. So I'll bet he thought some hoarders would take the bait. And who could blame them if they do?

I wouldn't be surprised if MSL has nothing at all and actually thought that the fans would understand his attempt at a hoax... In a romantic "all-for-one-and-one-for-all"-kinda way...
roll

Axlin08 wrote:

He either walks away a bigger legend than before, or falls from grace.

In forum terms, or course. Only we give a shit

Oh, I hear ya!  smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

He clearly doesn't have music, or at least very much music, or he wouldn't have been offering to trade for music. If he had CD2 would he be looking for scraps from CD1 from hoarders....hell those are going to be either yet more demo versions or songs presumed to be on the second CD.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:
Neemo wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

Well, obviously i mean for those who actually go on the boards.  Anyone who has been on these boards for the past wk have visited that thread, and I'm pretty sure 98% who have visited would read/listen to whatever is leaked, even if they believe what msl is doing is wrong.

and imo, this is nothing more than an attention grab for msl.  he'll "leak" a couple of made up "announcements" that will never actually happen and that will be that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The thing is, like kozy mentioned, even if he leaks any documents (lame) there's nothing to say he didn't just make them all up himself.

Board footer