You are not logged in. Please register or login.

g2raxl
 Rep: 3 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

g2raxl wrote:

Madonna has already given this song the thumbs up for this track and wished GaGa the best of luck.
Their good friends behind the scenes anyway. Anyone remember this?

Whilst were talking GaGa on a GNR forum anyone catch the photo shoot we did last year in the Daily Star with a spoof of Axl Rose marries Lady GaGa? It was me and Natalie from Lady GaGa Experience who is actually GaGa's official stunt double and has been been used for promo the real GaGa a few times in London leading up to the O2 shows. They've met a few times.
Some of you may remember her as Skelly from the forums and the backstage GNR pics from Birmingham and Manchester.

40593_453092756514_509291514_6172954_4087371_n.jpg

38954_453059941514_509291514_6172413_2600202_n.jpg

63307_434915920739_512265739_5885806_4825773_n.jpg

165274_476235055739_512265739_6574679_3755947_n.jpg
Some of you might recognise the jacket on the right wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Badass fuckin' jacket of ALL TIME man

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blo … y-20110228

POSTED: February 28, 11:45 AM ET | By Matthew Perpetua
Lady Gaga Channels Madonna and German Film Director Fritz Lang in 'Born This Way'
watch vivo video here: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blo … y-20110228

When Lady Gaga's new single "Born This Way" hit radio a few weeks ago, the most common response to the tune was that it sounded a bit like Madonna's 1989 smash "Express Yourself." Gaga isn't shying away from that comparison in her video for the song, which like the David Fincher-directed clip for "Express Yourself" draws on imagery derived from Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. Of course, this isn't the first time Gaga has channeled Lang – she has appeared in photo shoots calling back to the director's highly stylized works, and her video for "Alejandro" also referenced Metropolis.

Photos: Lady Gaga's Best Looks

Of course, this being a Lady Gaga video, there's also much more going on. Some visual motifs will be familiar to Gaga fans, such as the pointed shoulder prosthetics from her recent appearance at the Grammy Awards. There's also Rick Genest, the tattooed guy who starred in the video for the remix of "Scheiße" that was used in a recent runway show for Thierry Mugler – not to mention a unicorn, a huge amount of symbolic vaginal imagery and of course, Gaga and a bunch of hot dudes dancing around while wearing next to nothing. 

Born This Way - Lady Gaga [Vevo]

RELATED:
An Early Report on Six Songs From Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way'

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Holy shit that song is catchy. 

Also love all the vaginal imagery in her music video for the song.   Lady Gaga is kinda hot.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I still don't get it.  She's a little-talent hack pumped up by stealing other people's ideas, trying too hard to be shocking, and overplay on pop radio.  She's the thing that most of you complain about in every other case...why the fascination with her?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont get it either buzz

my boss went to see the show in toronto the other day...he wasd complaining that she didnt hit the stage until after 10:00....i said man you dont even know anything 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I dig when she sits down at the piano and plays stuff, and I like some of her pop singles.  But I'm so over the image and exotic behavior.  I mean, I understand why she does it, but it's just annoying at this point.

One of my favorite performances by her was from SNL a few years back.  At least starting around the 2 minute mark when she sits her crazy ass down at the piano.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

She understands that to have as high a level as fame as she does it requires you to constantly be in the spotlight.  The way she dresses and acts is a way to get attention on her and away from other people.  It works.

Her song sounding a little like Madonna is just to get people talking about it.  She's not stealing from any other artists.  She understands how the music industry works today and she's using that knowledge to full advantage.

Lomax wrote:

She's taking everyone  for one big ironic post modernist ride and no one, least of all E! TMZ and her younger fans, have a clue.

Board footer