You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

maybe its just a perception thing...cuz i always thought that robin looked like a faggot with his gay mongoloid dance and garbage bag wardrobe or his goth/nin getup, plus i thought his guitar playing was brutal for the most part ... but yeah to each their own

I respect the fact you prefer DJ, I'm obviously the exact opposite of that, but the faggot thing isn't cool.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I think my problem with DJ is really my problem with GNR. We don't know if these guys will ever put anything out, from start to finish, as a band. I'm a huge Robin fan, in the interest of full disclosure. But I LIKED GNR taking a new direction 10 years ago.  With DJ, and with the lack of band promotion and unknown future direction, it just seems like they've got a perfect "80's rock"(-er), that they can sit back and tour the back catalog with.

With Robin/Bucket/Brain, you could be sure something different was in the works, and from the leaks over the years, it was. But this line up is just so... "classic", I guess.

I'm not a hater, though- I'll go to any show within 150 miles of me. I love the band. But I fear that this lineup is a fallback/backup plan more than anything. I hope I'm wrong though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

I respect the fact you prefer DJ, I'm obviously the exact opposite of that, but the faggot thing isn't cool.

sorry...i revised my post to edit that out

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

by the end of the show he was completely sold on Robin.

really? cuz everyone i know personally who went to see gnr live in 2002 and 2006 thought robin was the weak link of the band by a mile

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I'll never (I dont think) understand the Robin 'thing'.  Just my 2p+20% tax

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

In November of 02 when my buddy and I first saw Robin, during WttJ, my buddy leaned over and said "WHO'S THIS FUCKIN' FAGGOT??" but by the end of the show he was completely sold on Robin.

One thing I never quite got in some GNR fans: the Fashion Police routine.

Robin and Bucket were called names for dressing the way they do, which is something I always find a bit sad. Making degrading claims on someone's sexuality in regards to their outlook only highlights the fear of unknown in oneself and isn't actually that much different from racial discrimination. 

For instance, Sophie Lancaster, a UK goth, was beaten to death in 2007 by jocks who detested her outlook. Her only crime was to look 'alien' in their eyes, and thereby, 'inhuman'. What ensued was your text-book hate crime. Shows how some people put much weight on familiarity, or lack thereof.

I sometimes think Axl picks his stage clothes at random anyway, so people in glass houses shouldn't really throw rocks.

D-Rail. Sorry.

Back to the AshbaMedia consumer tweets.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

sorry...i revised my post to edit that out

No prob, man. I used to say it all the time, too. Trying to be better about it myself smile

The thing I never understood about the fashion critiques of the new line up is the fact the same people had no problem with these looks:

416557618_efa426eac0.jpg?v=0

axl2.jpg

axl-rose11.jpg

axl+rose10

And Robin shined on some of my favorite GNR songs: TWAT, Better, Prostitute, Chinese Democracy, TIL... And I loved him on SCOM.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

fine then i'm a biggot...whatever you say

difference between Robin's goth look and early GnR look was that gnr were part of the LA glam scene...thats just the way it was, besides GnR had the swagger and attitude to back up whatver they wanted to do...crue, gnr, poison, skid row, warrant i love all that shit...DJ harkens back to that era and i fucking love it! 9 it too bad that we dont have more musicians like him in this day and age

Robin can dress however he likes...but its not for me and i still thought his image was stupid in gnr...its funny how people can run their mouths and do whatever as long as it suits them but if someone posts a different point of view then for fucking shame...i dig DJ and Ron, and i rarely say shit in their defence but fuck me it gets tiresome when people run them down all the damn time AND FOR NO GOOD REASON, I MIGHT ADD

Board footer