You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Phil Anselmo: "A New Level" With Members Of Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax

Furbush wrote:

Last night Heavy Metal history was written at the Metal Masters Clinic 2 at the Best Buy Theater in Times Square, New York City. Not only did the clinic feature members of Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax, but the all star jam was followed by a "surprise" performance by Anthrax, who is celebrating the release of their new album entitled "Worship Music" today.

Before the culmination of the Metal Masters Clinic 2, Philip Anselmo from Pantera and Down took center stage and performed Pantera's classic song 'A New Level'!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I thought Phil sounded like ass, but all those guys jamming out some Pantera is really cool.

The entire show seems to be streaming over and over at this link.  http://www.livestream.com/anthrax

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I thought Phil sounded like ass, but all those guys jamming out some Pantera is really cool.

The entire show seems to be streaming over and over at this link.  http://www.livestream.com/anthrax

You have to figure it's been a looong time since he's screamed like that on a regular basis...  I'm hoping someone will rip some of that streaming video and post it to YouTube soon... The quality of the video I posted is awful...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think the vocals are distorted in that video due to the recording, from what I could make out, it didn't sound that bad. Given he hasn't sang that song in 10 years or something.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Hey jorge... if you think that was bad, you should have seen poor emotional Phil butcher "Fucking Hostile".... I'll give him a pass... He's Phil. and yes... It's been a fucking decade.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

Hey jorge... if you think that was bad, you should have seen poor emotional Phil butcher "Fucking Hostile".... I'll give him a pass... He's Phil. and yes... It's been a fucking decade.

Yeah, I did. I watched it, not live, but the second run of the stream Monday night on that link I posted.  I didn't even watch the video you put up, it was actually more Hostile I was thinking of. 

I'll halfway give him a pass, because he was probably backstage shooting the shit with people, possibly drinking, when he should have been warming up his voice to try to do something like this. 

That said, when he performed a couple songs with Alice In Chains a few years ago, I thought he sounded like shit then too. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Phil fan.. Love Pantera.. Love Down... maybe he's just a bad guest star.

Shit, it's still going at that link, I might watch the whole thing again tonight.  The Frank Bello, Dave Ellefson jams at the beginning of it are really cool too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah not at his best there. Though it is very hard to sing those songs when you haven't in so long. I saw Down in April and Phil was on fucking point.

BTW Down is releasing four EPs in the future all four with a different sound, including one acoustic EP.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah not at his best there. Though it is very hard to sing those songs when you haven't in so long. I saw Down in April and Phil was on fucking point.

BTW Down is releasing four EPs in the future all four with a different sound, including one acoustic EP.

Phil has been the bulldog of old the last few years... The Anthrax thing was probably unplanned, and he hasn't screamed like that since Superjoint broke up.. And, it's his song... so he's allowed to fuck the lyrics up. 16

I tend to take Down new release news with a giant GN'R grain of salt. When they're out, I'll rejoice... 9

Board footer