You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

-D- wrote:

Shit Slash was right, Duff is spineless

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

How's that?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Well regardless if we get a new album or live dvd or whatever.  I will say this.  This is the first time I've seen Axl so dedicated to making things work since the Illusion days, so as a fan I can only be happy about this.  Sure it's just one interview, but it's one interview more than we got since 06.  So I say thanks to Axl and the rest of those guys and hope all goes well with this.  I'm happy as a fan and this could give us just a glimmer of hope that Axl may try and make this work.

Sky Dog wrote:
Riad wrote:

The 2004 remix version.

We talking about the song now or the guys ability to rock?

Here's his take on stonehenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEiphB6T4F8

I wish Bob Stinson was still alive....he didn't need any tats or dangling cig or dorky hat....he just rocked. No bullshit...Stinson boys don't have to try...they just are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1E1XwDMJE

Lomax wrote:

That's an issue of authenticity.

If bob stinsons had a cigarette and stupid hat it'd be inauthentic.

And if DJ hadn't, it'd be inauthentic for him.

I wouldn't walk out on stage looking like DJ either. That's not me.  I do play live now and then n when I do I make an effort to wear bright colors and cut my fucking hair so that I don't look like just another poseur.

That said, I don't think DJ is a poseur, I think he lives and breathes the image you see on stage just as Bob used live and breathe his.

When you see DJ live, you just know. He is authentic.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

See.  I hate this.  I'm not a DJ fan by any means.  But here we have Axl that FINALLY after what 16 years, seems to be getting his shit together.  He's touring, he gives an interview and not alone, but with other guys from the band, something we haven't seen since Illusion and you guys are bitching and moaning about DJ and if he belongs in the band.  FUCK!  Axl could be on the verge of finally being dedicated to this, just enjoy this and stop complaining!  Yeah DJ talks a lot and he may talk a lot about things he don't know squat.  But if this makes Axl more opened to talk I say give a micrphone to DJ and let him talk all he wants.  Again not saying that this means we'll get a new album or dvd, but at least Axl seems to be into this more than we've seen him since forever.  ENJOY!

Lomax wrote:

True

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

See.  I hate this.  I'm not a DJ fan by any means.  But here we have Axl that FINALLY after what 16 years, seems to be getting his shit together.  He's touring, he gives an interview and not alone, but with other guys from the band, something we haven't seen since Illusion and you guys are bitching and moaning about DJ and if he belongs in the band.  FUCK!  Axl could be on the verge of finally being dedicated to this, just enjoy this and stop complaining!  Yeah DJ talks a lot and he may talk a lot about things he don't know squat.  But if this makes Axl more opened to talk I say give a micrphone to DJ and let him talk all he wants.  Again not saying that this means we'll get a new album or dvd, but at least Axl seems to be into this more than we've seen him since forever.  ENJOY!

Couldn't agree more.

I mean, goddamnit!!!!!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

How's that?

Seems kinda spineless to open for a band u FOUNDED.....kinda makes Duff look beneath them IMO

Duff was on Slash's side, suing etc and now just seems he is licking Axl's boots since the meeting.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So? He left the band, wasn't fired or anything. And he's never, to my knowledge anyway, had anything bad to say about Axl.

Board footer