You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Hobbit - Production video #6

Bono wrote:

I just heard that the teaser trailer to The Hobbit is about to be released shortly so I thought why not get the ball rolling....  This is my most anticipated movie since Return of the King.   The following are video blogs from Peter Jackson

[youtube]r6mxLA2tk1w&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]itPGX2SeWfo&feature=related[/youtube]

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Can't wait for this, loved the Lord of the Rings films, and this looks like it's gonna be great too!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

very excited for this movie(s) i love the book even more so than LOTR, always thought it was a better more cohesive book, LOTR is just too big and sprawling, hobbit is more focused

anyway Jackson paid lots of love and attention to LOTR so hopefully he has brought the same enthusiasm to these films as he did to them...if so then we are in for a treat to be sure

Bono

Bono wrote:

I have no fear whatsoever that Jackson will treat these with the same respect he did the LOTR movies. This guys seems to be as big a fan as anyone and he knows without a shadow of a doubt what this story means to people. the very fact he's posting these video blogs shows that I think.  My issue is they are doing it in 3D and to be brutally honest I find 3D annoying.  I've never liked it and I've never seen a  movie that has been enhanced by it including Avatar.  To be brutally honest the best 3D movie I have seen was  the Harold and Kumar Christmas movie so....

The only new actor for an old/returning character from LOTR seems to be the guy playing Bilbo.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Isn't Gandalf in there again too?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well it is kinda gay that Frodo, Galadriel and LEgolas are going to be in the movie cuz they werent in the book

Ian McLellan (Gandalf), Andy Sircus (Gollum), Hugo Weaving (Elrond) are all returning from what i understand

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

these video blogs

gotta wastch them when i get a chance (been hella busy lately)

3d doesnt bother me too much...as long as they dont go out of their way to get the consumate "3d shot" several times over i'm sure there will be presentations in 2d as well

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well it is kinda gay that Frodo, Galadriel and LEgolas are going to be in the movie cuz they werent in the book

Ian McLellan (Gandalf), Andy Sircus (Gollum), Hugo Weaving (Elrond) are all returning from what i understand

Yup all those actors are in it again

I have no issue with that. I have complete faith in Peter Jackson. I imagine these characters will shwo up on briefly as to move the story along ina w ay that wasn't maybe possible if they followed the book toa  tee.  In LOTR Arewn saved Frodo from the Black Riders and that's not how it went in the book but it worked for the movie so...

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah ur right....i just hope we dont see Legolas sliding down the stairs on a sheild shooting arrows at smaug is all 16

Bono

Bono wrote:

December 14th 2012

Board footer