You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

smoke wrote:

Yeah, it occurred to me that some might construe my wishlist as a subtle wish to watch Axl explode (in a bad way) on stage. Coma beat the crap out him in his prime.

Nonetheless, I'd kill for those two. Though to be perfectly honest, Locomotive would be a perfect way to showcase the all-around bad-assery of that era as well.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I would say it is best for the CD era and DJ Ashba to stay at home. They don't deserve the cameras to pan in on them.

It should be about Guns N' Roses 1985 - 1995. Those guys deserve to be on stage.

None of this playing any Chinese Democracy songs.

If Axl wants to thank them in his speech cool, go for it.

Even though I think Steven Adler is a clown, the show should be about the Appetite core guys.

Matt should likely get inducted, as should Dizzy.

Uh Gilby stay at home, he was a touring musician.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

russtcb wrote:

Hmm. That's kind of interesting. Would you be ok with Axl doing a thank you like this: "Thank you to Buckethead, Brain, Josh, Robin and of course the current members of Guns N' Roses for helping me keep this thing going"

For sure. I mean had they actually released three albums (new era GN'R and had some success) I might say well that era should get a camera pan.

It should really be about the seven guys: Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven, Dizzy and Matt.

None of that two drum kit shit either, that is cheesy. Just have Steven do the Appetite and Matt the UYI.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

I really hope this is true, and if so I really want to buy tickets to go. I have two guys that I have been following since I was a kid- Axl Rose and Shawn Michaels. (WWE Wrestler) I did not go to see Shawn inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, even though I desperately wanted to, and I wish I had just gone. If GNR indeed get in tomorrow I am setting a reminder for when HOF tickets go on sale and I will move mountains to be there. Period.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

That cocksucker Eddie Trunk really thinks someone like Heart should get in over GNR cause GNR aren't a first ballot HOF band

Stupid fuck

That's not really what he's saying.  He's just pointing out how ridiculous it is for the Hall to keep out MANY legendary rock bands.  He agrees GNR should get in, just questions why others aren't in.  It does make you wonder how they pick who gets in.  I mean, what exactly is the criteria?  In sports you can compare stats and it makes it easier to debate who should or shouldn't get in.  GNR would probably have no chance at getting in if they were an athlete, because of their short-lived 6 year career.  The music world is different obviously, but there's not an exact science to choosing inductees.

My dream scenario, being a fan of anything and everything Guns N' Roses.  Let me preface this by saying, I have no idea how many songs the inductees usually play, but this is MY DREAM, so deal with it.

1) The current lineup kicks it off with "Chinese Democracy"
2) The 2002 lineup with Brain, Robin and Bucket (Paul if he's up for it) enter, play another CD song, possibly "Madagascar".
3) The UYI lineup with Matt, Gilby, Duff, and Slash play, well take your pick.  I'll go with "November Rain".
4) The AFD lineup gets up to close it out with Steven and Izzy.  Play WTTJ and PC to end it.

I  know, people will say the 2002 and current lineup have no right even looking at the Hall, but this is MY DREAM!  So BACK OFF! 13

That is what he is saying

He basically thinks GNR aren't first ballot worthy then points to a bunch of other bands that can't hold GNR's dick

GNR are a first ballot

Fuck those other bands, GNR getting in doesn't prevent one of them from getting in and even if it does, who gives a shit??? GNR are better than those bands.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

He basically thinks GNR aren't first ballot worthy then points to a bunch of other bands that can't hold GNR's dick

GNR are a first ballot

Fuck those other bands, GNR getting in doesn't prevent one of them from getting in and even if it does, who gives a shit??? GNR are better than those bands.

Wow.  roll

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

That cocksucker Eddie Trunk really thinks someone like Heart should get in over GNR cause GNR aren't a first ballot HOF band

Stupid fuck

That's not really what he's saying.  He's just pointing out how ridiculous it is for the Hall to keep out MANY legendary rock bands.  He agrees GNR should get in, just questions why others aren't in.  It does make you wonder how they pick who gets in.  I mean, what exactly is the criteria?  In sports you can compare stats and it makes it easier to debate who should or shouldn't get in.  GNR would probably have no chance at getting in if they were an athlete, because of their short-lived 6 year career.  The music world is different obviously, but there's not an exact science to choosing inductees.

My dream scenario, being a fan of anything and everything Guns N' Roses.  Let me preface this by saying, I have no idea how many songs the inductees usually play, but this is MY DREAM, so deal with it.

2) The 2002 lineup with Brain, Robin and Bucket (Paul if he's up for it) enter, play another CD song, possibly "Madagascar".
3) The UYI lineup with Matt, Gilby, Duff, and Slash play, well take your pick.  I'll go with "November Rain".
4) The AFD lineup gets up to close it out with Steven and Izzy.  Play WTTJ and PC to end it.

I  know, people will say the 2002 and current lineup have no right even looking at the Hall, but this is MY DREAM!  So BACK OFF! 13

GNR are a first ballot

Besides, there are much less deserving artists than GN'R already IN the Hall of Fame. The KISS, Heart, Rush, Maiden, and Purple fanboys should go bark up those trees before trying to shit on GN'R. Guns deserves to be in, and yes it should be on the first ballot.

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

GNR are a first ballot

Besides, there are much less deserving artists than GN'R already IN the Hall of Fame. The KISS, Heart, Rush, Maiden, and Purple fanboys should go bark up those trees before trying to shit on GN'R. Guns deserves to be in, and yes it should be on the first ballot.

Yeah well Kiss should already be in

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

GNR are a first ballot

Excuse me for saying this but if you are serious with this post, then you are a fucking moron man!  As much as I hate Kiss saying that they should not have been in on first ballot while GNR should is idiotic at best.  Rush and Maiden.  Those are 2 GREAT GREAT bands and saying that GNR is better than Rush is VERY debatable.  I am not saying GNR should not have gone in on 1st ballot but they are not more deserving than Kiss, Rush and Maiden.  So as far as the fanboys of those bands.  Before calling anyone a fanboy look in the mirror man.

Board footer